The 3rd annual One Web Day celebration was a great success. We were proud to be a sponsor and celebrate both at our headquarters in Toronto, and later in the day with with the larger Toronto Internet community at an evening social event.
Our computer drive for Little Geeks was quite successful as well with donations received from Tucows employees and from the local community as well. We delivered the donated computers, scanners and laptops to the Little Geeks team to be refurbished and, eventually, to be delivered to kids who need them. You can still help out by making an online cash donation to Little Geeks.
Check out some of the photo highlights:
- View photos from OneWebDay events around the world on Flickr
- See photos of Tucows employees who joined in the OWD poster wave.
We also asked some One Web Day questions of our staff
What types of things do you think the Internet can change?
- The way we do business
- makes the world smaller
- makes politics cleaner
- makes companies honest
- enables ideas to reach remote locations
- Add yours in the comments…
What does the Internet mean to you?
- work, entertainment, learning, life, love, shopping, easy reference, banking, free stuff, selling stuff, marketing stuff, convenience, dating, fragging, add yours in the comments…
Next year, OWD Toronto’s event is expected to build on the great vibe created. We will invite you to join us in the celebrations. Save the date: September 22, 2010.