|Software that can help||Good for||Cow Rating|
|Quick and easy installers for casual software developers.|
In The Spotlight: Tarma QuickInstall
by Anne Maitland of Tarma Software Research Pty. Ltd.
Software installation doesn't have to be difficult. TarmaQuickInstall: Quick and Easy
Tarma QuickInstall at a glance:
- Ready-made installer
- Predefined Setup screens
- External custom actions
- Tarma native installers
- 72KB Installer+Uninstaller
Whether you're a big company, a small company, or just someone who wantsto share his excellent program with other people (and maybe sell a fewcopies), you owe it to yourself to take a look at TarmaQuickInstall. Because there's no reason not to make a painful task aseasy as you can.
Tarma QuickInstall creates fast & friendly software installers forMicrosoft� Windows� 95, 98, Me, NT� 4, 2000, XP and 2003 platforms. Itprovides Windows-compliant installation and removal functionality with asmall distribution size, a straightforward and simple user interface,and smart install and uninstall behavior in 27 languages. TarmaQuickInstall requires no scripting; it includes an intuitive andcomprehensive development environment with extensive preflight checkingto suit novices and experts alike.
Tarma QuickInstall's key benefits:
- Small Setup size (only 65-75 KB) reduces distribution size anddownload time
- Clean user interface design streamlines the installationprocess
- Smart installation and uninstallation behavior avoids installationproblems
- Extensive command line options allow highly configurable unattendedinstallation
- Smart defaults set the correct installation options for virtuallyall installation files
- Extensive preflight checking catches problemsbefore deployment, not after
- Simple and repeatable build process (justhit F7) checks and builds your installer in seconds
- Support for batch operation allows a fully automated buildprocess
- Automatic uninstall of previous version avoids versioningconflicts
- Windows-compliant installation with Windows FileProtection support prevents damage to system files
- Smart and safe SharedDLLs handling prevents inadvertent removal ofshared files
- Extensive online help and preflight checks point outpitfalls and gotchas
- Support for platform-dependent installation of all installationitems
- Support for platform- and language-dependent installation ofall files
- Support for custom actions and third-party (add-on)installers
- Extension DLLs allow fine-grained customization of theinstallation process
- Integrated support for digital signatures guarantee the integrityand authenticity of your application
- Password-based encryption protects your application againstunauthorized installation
- Setup wizard user interface installs your application in only a fewwell-known steps
- Explorer-like development environment with smart defaults and extensive preflight checking reduces learning time for thedeveloper
Easy to use
Unlimited trial version
To evaluate Tarma QuickInstall, users can download an unlimited trialversion from the company's website. The full version, priced at USD$79for a single license and USD$948 for a site license, beats mostcompetitors' prices. The full version also includes free technicalsupport.
About The Author
Tarma Software Research Pty Ltd. is a software development andconsultancy firm based in Melbourne, Australia. We specialise in object-oriented programming with assembler, C and C++, with the em onhigh-quality, fast and compact code and applications. The company'sslogan is: "Faster. Leaner. Better."
- Tarma QuickINstall
- Version: 2.99
- System Requirements: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003
- Get more info
- DownloadTarma QuickInstall NOW!
Here at Tucows we want to continue to feature some of the bestprograms in the Shareware Spotlight. If you're a software author andwould like to find out about having your product considered for theShareware Spotlight, first make sure your current version is on, or hasbeen submitted to, Tucows. Then, you can contact the editorial divisionby sending an inquiry via email by clicking HERE.We'll get back to you as quickly as possible. Thank you. - Editor
Michael E. Callahan, known around the world by the trademarked name Dr. File Finder, is regarded as the world's leading expert on shareware. Dr. File Finder works with software programs and developers full-time, and in the average year he evaluates 10,000 programs. Since 1982 he has evaluated over 250,000 software and hardware products. Mr. Callahan began evaluating software online in 1982 and no one has been at it longer. He currently works doing online PR and marketing for software companies, and is the Senior Content Producer for Butterscotch.Com.