Stacy's Weekly Mashup: Gcast, AudioBay, PodSafe Audio, Gabcast, Audiobag
|Software that can help||Good for||Cow Rating|
|ePodcast Creator can create overdubs for radio, commercials, internet radio, and any other...|
|This broadcast automation solution meets the specialized needs of online broadcasters.|
- Gcast - Easily record and share messages online for free!
- TalkShoe - Take part in live multi-person conversations, host your own, or just listen!
- HipCast - Create audio, video, and podcasts then post them to your blog.
- Switchpod - Podcast hosting with plans ranging from free to $30 USD.
- AudioBay for Pocket PC - A podcasting solution for Windows Mobile Pocket PCs.
- Podcasting News - Keep up to date with the latest in podcasting technology.
- PodSafe Audio - Provides Creative Commons licensed music for use in podcasts and other web publishing.
- Audiobag - Custom podcast intros, outros, promos and bumpers as well as royalty free music and sound effects.
- Podcasting Tools - Resources for podcasters.
- Gabcast - An easy way to create and distribute audio content online.
Every week I look for Web 2.0 products and services that can revolutionize the way you use your computer and your Internet connection. For a compiled list of links from past articles, visit the Weekly Mashup Archive. What podcasting services do you use? Do you have any comments or suggestions for future mashups? Let's talk it up in the forums! Click Discuss this Article below.
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.
Searching for and finding audio and video podcasts view it
Radio is not dead... it's just very different view it
While video quality has improved in modern devices, audio quality is often low. We'll show you how to improve your audio quality in this episode. view it
Using the iPod software built into your iPhone view it
Using the iPod app installed on your iPad view it
Using Handbrake to convert a video file to play on iPod, iPhone or other device view it