Spotlight on Capture Express
|Published:||Jul 13, 2006|
|Author:||Michael E, Callahan|
In The Spotlight: Capture Express
by Stan Jones of Insight Software Solutions
Capture Express is a Windows based image capture utility designedfor speed and ease of use. Install it and you are pretty much ready togo. Just decide what to capture, capture the image and finally choosewhat to do with the image. That is all there is to it.
Besides capturing screens, windows and rectangular areas, CaptureExpress allows you to capture items in a variety of shapes such ascircles, diamonds, stars, user defined shapes, etc.
After capturing the image, you can choose to save the image to a file,copy it to the clipboard, email the image, print it or simply view thecaptured image.
Capture Express has an extensive feature set. Below are some ofthe highlighted program features.
- Automatic capture mode to speed repetitive type captures.
- Delay settings so that you can capture drop down menu items or otherimages that tend to disappear as soon as you move the mouse.
- Email images directly from Capture Express using the built-in emailclient or your own email program.
- View multiple images at the same time, like post-it notes for yourcomputer screen.
- Save and load images in .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png and .tif formats.
- Select the resolution and/or compression level for each imageformat. This allows you to adjust for smaller file sizes or for higherimage resolution.
- Optionally place borders around the shapes and choose a maskingcolor for the exterior of the shape.
- Define Automatic Repeating captures to repeatedly capture the samearea. Useful to see what is happening on a computer over time.
One of the frustrating things about capturing images is not initiallyhaving the cursor aligned correctly when drawing the border around animage. Instead of starting over, Capture Express allows you to realignthe cursor during the capture with a simple right mouse click. You canalso move the entire border during the capture to make sure you get theexact image you want.
Capture Express runs under Windows 2003/XP/2000/Me/98/NT4/95,costs just $19.95 (US) and can be ordered securely online from ourcompany Web site at http://www.captureexpress.com.
If you need quick and easy image captures, then Capture Express is foryou. It will capture images as needed, with no mess or fuss.
About The Author
Kaysville, Utah based Insight Software Solutions offers a number ofother award winning productivity software programs including MacroExpress, a 2005 Shareware Industry Awards Foundation People's ChoiceAwards winner, Keyboard Express, ShortKeys, Word Search ConstructionKit, Zip Express, and more.
- Capture Express
- Version: 2.0
- System Requirements: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003
- Get more info
- DownloadCapture Express NOW!
Here at Tucows we want to continue to feature some of the bestprograms in the Shareware Spotlight. If you're a software author andwould like to find out about having your product considered for theShareware Spotlight, first make sure your current version is on, or hasbeen submitted to, Tucows. Then, you can contact the editorial divisionby sending an inquiry via email by clicking HERE.We'll get back to you as quickly as possible. Thank you. - Editor
Michael E. Callahan, known around the world by the trademarked name Dr. File Finder, is regarded as the world's leading expert on shareware. Dr. File Finder works with software programs and developers full-time, and in the average year he evaluates 10,000 programs. Since 1982 he has evaluated over 250,000 software and hardware products. Mr. Callahan began evaluating software online in 1982 and no one has been at it longer. He currently works doing online PR and marketing for software companies, and is the Senior Content Producer for Butterscotch.Com.
If you're trying to capture something on your screen Capture Express gives you a quick and easy way to do so view it
Aviary lets you snap a screenshot and edit it, all without leaving your web browser view it
Easy screen capturing and editing with IrfanView view it
With the Aviary Talon add-on you can capture screens from Firefox view it
HyperSnap DX is a powerful and easy screen capture utility view it
Windows 7 comes with a Snipping Tool that's easy-to-use! view it