Stacy's Weekly Mashup: Nextcat, stu.dicio.us, PickStation, Spiceworks, FUTEF
|Published:||Jul 27, 2006|
Many new Web 2.0 services launch every day in the hopes of providing fun new ways for their audience to interact, connect, and keep track of important data. Here are just a few of my favorites this week:
- Polaroid-o-nizer - Turn your images into polaroids!
- Nextcat - Network with thousands of entertainment professionals.
- stu.dicio.us - Keep track of your class schedule, todo list, and notes in one place.
- Kramkoob - Free exposure for your auction, blog, video, web site, ect...
- PickStation - Submit and vote for your favorite music tracks.
- LiTha-Paint - Web based paint and drawing service.
- Spiceworks - Managing your network could be as simple as, say, managing your digital music.
- FUTEF - Search Wikipedia's free encyclopedia.
- Paird - Social matchmaking with a bit of a twist.
- Madhens - A new solution to Internet advertising.
So you're looking for a Web 2.0 product and service that might just revolutionize the way you use your computer and your Internet connection? You can find a compiled list of links from past articles if you visit the Weekly Mashup Archive. Do you have any comments or suggestions for future mashups? Trying to find something in particular but need some help? Let's talk it up in the forums! Click Discuss this Article below.
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.