Stacy's Weekly Mashup: 411Sync, SingShot, Moodle, ILCU, KartOO
|Published:||Aug 3, 2006|
Hope you've got your clicking finger ready! These Web 2.0 sites are sure to start your weekend off with a bang!
- The Family Post - A neat way to share photos with your own family web page.
- 411Sync - Mobile Search using SMS, WAP, Email, IM, and Toolbar.
- ILCU - See what's going on, who's attending, and invite others to your events.
- CraftMemo - The smart and easy way to keep track of your craft goodies.
- SingShot - Show off your singing skills, listen to other singers, and communicate with your fans and other members.
- Moodle - Helping educators create effective online learning communities.
- Preloadr - Offers professional tools to optimize your photos for free.
- KartOO - A metasearch engine with visual display interfaces.
- Flixya - A video sharing community with rewards.
- Spy Media - Upload and sell electronic photos from your camera and phone in less than 90 seconds.
My thanks goes out to Sam who suggested I take a look at The Family Post! Every week I scan the Internet, looking for Web 2.0 products and services that can revolutionize the way you use your computer and your Internet connection. If you'd like to see a compiled list of links from past articles, visit the Weekly Mashup Archive. Do you have any comments or suggestions for future mashups? Let's talk it up in the forums! Click Discuss this Article below.
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.