Stacy's Weekly Mashup: CrazyEgg, FeedPing, Wikalong, HomePortals, Blufr
|Published:||Sep 14, 2006|
- Crazy Egg - Track where your visitors are clicking so you can improve your site accordingly.
- BunchBall - Play Multi-player games with your friends or get automatically matched with someone to play with.
- MediaMax - A private and secure place to upload, store, access, and share your videos, photos, movies, music and files.
- FeedPing - Free RSS submission to major directories.
- Wikalong - A Firefox extension that embeds a wiki in the sidebar of your browser that corresponds to the current page you are viewing.
- ButterFly - Add hyperlinks & notes, highlight words, look up information, translate selections and more, all within the same webpage with a single mouse-click.
- Kopete - An instant messenger supporting AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber, IRC, Gadu-Gadu, Novell GroupWise Messenger, and more.
- HomePortals - Create different kinds of web pages and web applications by combining the functionality of pre-existing components.
- Blufr - A free addictive trivia game challenging you to identify statements as true or false.
- nbbc - Turns digital videos into revenue streams for content licensors and web publishers.
Well, that's all for this week, folks. Come back next week for 10 more links to my favorite Web 2.0 sites. For a compiled list of links from past articles, visit the Weekly Mashup Archive. Do you know of a groovy Web 2.0 site that I haven't posted yet? Let's talk it up in the forums! Click Discuss this Article below.
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.