Stacy's Weekly Mashup: StumbleUpon, Ohloh, Swarm, NewsCloud, HiddenNetwork
|Published:||Oct 5, 2006|
Here are 10 links to some great Web 2.0 sites that are helpful and hip!
- Browsershots - A free online platform where you can test your web design in different browsers.
- StumbleUpon Auto-Code Creator - Create a bookmarklet that will automatically insert your custom layout into any StumbleUpon text box.
- Swarm - A graphical map of hundreds of websites, all connecting to each other.
- DesktopTwo - A web-based desktop that mimics the look, feel and functionality of a local computer, all contained within one browser window.
- Ohloh - Search for the most current software metrics and project information on open source software projects.
- finetune - Build a custom playlist featuring music by your favorite artists.
- Competitious - An easy, confidential way to discover and share competitive information globally, and stay up-to-date on the competition.
- HiddenNetwork - Advertises high-quality job opportunities through a network of high-quality on-line publications.
- NewsCloud - An open community for sharing and discussing the news.
- Fotki - A powerful photo portal and social network.
My thanks goes out to Greg and Pike for emailing some great suggestions to me this week! For a compiled list of links from past articles, visit the Weekly Mashup Archive. Do you have any comments or suggestions for future mashups? Click Discuss this Article below!
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.