|Software that can help||Good for||Cow Rating|
|Quick and easy installers for casual software developers.|
In The Spotlight: Tarma QuickInstall
by Anne Maitland of Tarma Software Research
Software installation doesn't have to be difficult.
Tarma QuickInstall at a glance:
- Ready-made installer
- Predefined Setup screens
- External custom actions
- Tarma native installers
- 72KB Installer+Uninstaller
Whether you're a big company, a small company, or just someone who wantsto share his excellent program with other people (and maybe sell a fewcopies), you owe it to yourself to take a look at TarmaQuickInstall. Because there's no reason not to make a painful task aseasy as you can.
Tarma QuickInstall creates fast & friendly software installers forMicrosoft Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4, 2000, XP and 2003 platforms. Itprovides Windows-compliant installation and removal functionality with asmall distribution size, a straightforward and simple user interface andsmart install and uninstall behavior in 27 languages. Tarma QuickInstallrequires no scripting; it includes an intuitive and comprehensivedevelopment environment with extensive preflight checking to suitnovices and experts alike.
Tarma QuickInstall's key benefits:
- Small Setup size (only 65-75 KB) reduces distribution size anddownload time
- Clean user interface design streamlines the installationprocess
- Smart installation and uninstallation behavior avoidsinstallation problems
- Extensive command line options allow highlyconfigurable unattended installation
- Smart defaults set the correct installation options for virtuallyall installation files
- Extensive preflight checking catches problemsbefore deployment, not after
- Simple and repeatable build process (justhit F7) checks and builds your installer in seconds
- Support for batch operation allows a fully automated build process
- Automatic uninstall of previous version avoids versioningconflicts
- Windows-compliant installation with Windows File Protectionsupport prevents damage to system files
- Smart and safe SharedDLLs handling prevents inadvertent removal ofshared files
- Extensive online help and preflight checks point outpitfalls and gotchas
- Support for platform-dependent installation of all installationitems
- Support for platform- and language-dependent installation ofall files
- Support for custom actions and third-party (add-on)installers
- Extension DLLs allow fine-grained customization of theinstallation process
- Integrated support for digital signatures guarantee the integrityand authenticity of your application
- Password-based encryption protects your application againstunauthorized installation
Unlimited trial version
To evaluate Tarma QuickInstall, users can download an unlimited trialversion from the company's Web site. The full version, priced at USD$79for a single license and USD$948 for a site license, beats mostcompetitors' prices. The full version also includes free technicalsupport.
About Tarma Software Research Pty:
Tarma Software Research Pty Ltd. is a software development andconsultancy firm based in Melbourne, Australia. We specialise in object-oriented programming with assembler, C and C++, with the emphasis onhigh-quality, fast and compact code and applications. The company'sslogan is: "Faster. Leaner. Better."
- Tarma QuickInstall
- Version: 2.99
- System Requirements: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
- Get more info
- DownloadTarma QuickInstall NOW!
Michael E. Callahan, known around the world by the trademarked name Dr. File Finder, is regarded as the world's leading expert on shareware. Dr. File Finder works with software programs and developers full-time, and in the average year he evaluates 10,000 programs. Since 1982 he has evaluated over 250,000 software and hardware products. Mr. Callahan began evaluating software online in 1982 and no one has been at it longer. He currently works doing online PR and marketing for software companies, and is the Senior Content Producer for Butterscotch.Com.
In this episode, we'll be looking at setting up a Bluetooth accessory, we'll offer a few power-saving tips and we'll take a quick look at how copy and paste works on the Samsung Galaxy SII 4G. view it
In this episode, we'll be taking a look at some of the pre-installed apps on the Galaxy SII including the Android Market, Gmail, the browser and the camera. view it
In this episode, we'll be taking a look at some of the Android tweaks that Samsung has made with its TouchWiz interface. We'll also take a look at adding widgets and app shortcuts to our homescreens, including Samsung's own specialized apps and widgets. view it
In this episode, we're going to take a look getting the SII setup with our Google and other accounts so we can begin using it right away. view it
The Samsung Galaxy SII 4G, AKA the Samsung Galaxy Epic Touch 4G, is a top-tier smartphone. view it
In this episode, we’re going to offer a few battery saving tips so your phone will last the whole day and beyond plus we’ll take a look at how copy and paste works on the Photon 4G. view it
The Motorola Photon from Ting features App Shortcuts and Widgets from Android and Motorola. view it