Stacy's Weekly Mashup: Musicovery, Photowiki, Itzle, BlueOrganizer...
Web 2.0 Sites:
- Slifeshare - Share your digital life activities with friends and family
- Musicovery - A fun, interactive music discovery site
- BrowseGoods - A visual shopping search engine
- InstantBull - Easily access and search a variety of the Web's best stock blogs and buzz
- Group Recipes - A social network for those who love to cook
- BrickFish - A chance to get rewarded for creating and enjoying content while changing the way companies campaign
- LinkedInABox - A widget that can be embedded on any web page and provides a summary of your personal profile
- Itzle - A web gadget that allows you to walk around websites as if they were physical locations.
- Photowiki - Make your own photo site
- InCircles - A web based communications application that uses state-of-the-art presence detection
Freeware Feature of the Week: BlueOrganizer - Unleashes the information hidden in the pages of your favorite web sites, and allows you to quickly do what you want to do.
Wallpaper of the Week: ACLU - Take Action
The Week in Geek News:
- What's Next for Disc Labeling? - Washington Post
- Europe's Plan to Track Phone and Net Use - The New York Times
- Odeo Put Up for Sale - TechCrunch
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.0 Out - Techtree
- Studios, FBI Teach Swedish Cops to Hunt File Sharers - PC World
- PS3 to Get Download Service - TechTree
- Nikon rains down eight new cameras - TG Daily
- Hot Internet Trend Catches Criminals, Too - ABC News
- Watch Out MS Office, Here Comes Google - TechNewsWorld
- Critical Vulnerability Caught In Google Desktop - InformationWeek
Flickr Image of the Week: By ͳism
Article of the Week: How to Improve Your Wi-Fi Network's Performance - Becky Waring, PCWorld
Art Site of the Week: Eterea - The online portfolio of Cristobal Vila
Video of the Week: Lucas Arts Presents Euphoria Physics Engine
Geek Tip: - Interested in learning some neat card tricks? Optimize Guides offers these fun tricks for Windows XP. Did you know there's a secret way to win instantly at Solitaire? Just press Alt + Shift + 2! Amaze your friends by drawing a single card in a Draw Three Solitaire game - Hold down CTRL + ALT + SHIFT while drawing a new card. Is FreeCell more your style? Go to the "Game" menu and choose "Select Game". Enter -1 or -2 to activate the hidden game modes! If you hold down Ctrl + Shift + F10 during FreeCell game play, you'll be asked if you want to Abort, Retry or Ignore. Choose Abort and move any card...voila! Instant win!
That's all folks! If you're wanting more, you can find an archive of past mashup articles here. My thanks goes out to Michael for submitting this weeks wallpaper and to David and Chris for suggesting some great sites! Do you have links worth sharing? Of course you do! Click Discuss this Article below to post your comment in the forums or send an email with your suggestions and comments to email@example.com
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.