Stacy's Weekly Mashup: Firefox Special! FireFTP, Aardvark, Greasemonkey, Extensions, Site Integration, Tips...
|Published:||Apr 5, 2007|
Welcome to this special edition of the weekly mashup, featuring links to many a great add-on for our beloved browser, Mozilla Firefox.
- FireFTP - A free, secure, cross-platform FTP client which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP servers
- DownThemAll - Lets you download all the links or images contained in a webpage and much more
- Add & Edit Cookies - Adds and edits cookies instead of just displaying them. You can also filter for a specific host in the cookies list and the search result will be saved even if you close the browser
- Aardvark - Clean up unwanted banners and fluff before printing a page, view the source code of one or more elements, or use Aardvark as a bookmarklet
- Screengrab - Screen capture anything that you can see in a browser window - from a small selection, to a complete page
- Greasemonkey - Customize the way webpages look and function
- PDF Download - When you click on a link, this extension checks if the target is a pdf file and in this case let you choose to open the pdf file inside or outside Firefox, download it to the filesystem or view it as HTML
- Image Zoom - Gives you complete control of the size of most images displayed in mozilla based software
- Wizz RSS News Reader - A constantly improving RSS and Atom feed reader
Wallpaper of the Week: Firefox Wallpapers by Rakaz
- Customize Google - Enhances Google search results by adding extra information and removing unwanted information
- Gmail Manager - Manage multiple Gmail accounts and receive new mail notifications
- BookBurro - When Book Burro senses you are viewing a book, it will add a small panel to the upper right corner
- Stumble Upon - "Channelsurf" the best-reviewed sites on the web
- LinkedIn - Develop and manage your network of business contacts
Helpful Tips and Misc:
Video of the Week: Firefox Advertisement
Geek Tip: Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition is the popular Mozilla Firefox web browser bundled with a PortableApps.com Launcher as a portable app, so you can take your bookmarks, extensions and saved passwords with you.
That will wrap things up this week! Hope you've enjoyed this special edition of the weekly mashup! If you're looking for more, you can find an archive of past articles here. Keep the links coming, everyone! If you know of a great site that's worth sharing, or if you would like to comment or make a suggestion, I'd love to hear from you! Please click Discuss this Article below to post your comment in the forums or send an email to email@example.com
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.
In this episode, we'll be looking at setting up a Bluetooth accessory, we'll offer a few power-saving tips and we'll take a quick look at how copy and paste works on the Samsung Galaxy SII 4G. view it
In this episode, we'll be taking a look at some of the pre-installed apps on the Galaxy SII including the Android Market, Gmail, the browser and the camera. view it
In this episode, we'll be taking a look at some of the Android tweaks that Samsung has made with its TouchWiz interface. We'll also take a look at adding widgets and app shortcuts to our homescreens, including Samsung's own specialized apps and widgets. view it
In this episode, we're going to take a look getting the SII setup with our Google and other accounts so we can begin using it right away. view it
The Samsung Galaxy SII 4G, AKA the Samsung Galaxy Epic Touch 4G, is a top-tier smartphone. view it
In this episode, we’re going to offer a few battery saving tips so your phone will last the whole day and beyond plus we’ll take a look at how copy and paste works on the Photon 4G. view it
The Motorola Photon from Ting features App Shortcuts and Widgets from Android and Motorola. view it