Spotlight on Dekart Private Disk
|Published:||Apr 17, 2007|
|Author:||Michael E, Callahan|
In The Spotlight: Dekart File Move
by Michael E. Callahan aka Dr. File Finder
Dekart File Move: a new feature of the disk encryption softwareDekart Private Disk. Private Disk File Move is designed toautomatically collect and securely move files to an encrypted disk. Theprogram also helps you avoid doing any kind of manual work, thus itworks quickly and helps you save your time.
Private Disk File Move uses strong encryption algorithms to secure the data. It has a friendlyinterface, guiding you through all the steps of the file search and disk creation procedures.
One of the Private Disk File Move's key benefits is itssimplicity. The flexible file search mechanism allows you to easily findvarious files on your system and migrate them to an encrypted drive. Thesoftware also comes with a built-in secure file wiping mechanism, whichallows you to erase original files without leaving a trace, and makingit impossible to recover the deleted files.
Hardware requirements include Intel Pentium 166 MHz CPU, 16 MB RAM, atleast 2 MB of free space on the hard drive. For software requirementsyou need Windows 98, NT4.0, 2000, ME, or XP and you must have DekartPrivate Disk installed on the system.
About Dekart Private Disk:
Dekart Private Disk is a hard disk encryption software with aunique feature set, combining strong, NIST-certified AES 256-bitencryption with the best tools needed to build a protectedinfrastructure, where information can be processed in a secure way.Private Disk is compatible with virtually any version of Windows,from the discontinued Windows 95, to the latest 64-bit releases ofWindows XP and Windows 2003. Simple, reliable, and versatile, this diskencryption program allows you to create multiple encrypted disks thatcontain confidential information. Your files and documents are hiddenfrom unwelcome eyes, while Disk Firewall ensures that undetectedTrojans, viruses or spyware will not get access to your protected data.
Using this encryption software does not require any particular actionsor changes in your routine activities, all the applications will be ableto operate with the encrypted disks as if these were usual ones. Dataencryption happens automatically, and in a transparent way: files areencrypted on the fly when they are written to the encrypted disk, anddecrypted when read from the virtual encrypted disk.
The contents of the encrypted disk are well protected by Disk Firewall,a unique data protection mechanism that guards your data from Trojans,viruses or other types of malware. Disk Firewall controls whichapplications are allowed to access the encrypted disk. If a specificapplication is not found in the white-list of programs, it will beunable to read or alter the confidential information stored on thevirtual encrypted disk.
USB disk portability:
Private Disk's mobility allows it to be used in conjunction witha broad range of portable media, for instance: USB flash drives,external hard disks, flash memory cards, DVDs, mp3 players or portablemedia players such as the iPods. This 1Mb disk encryption software canbe launched directly from the removable media, without having to beinstalled on the computer, meaning that you can work safely with yourprotected data, no matter where you are. The encryption program willautomatically invoke the safe hardware removal dialog when you close it� which will protect you from accidental data loss.
- Disk Firewall protects your data from illegal copying, viruses andspyware by maintaining a white-list of applications which are allowed toaccess the encrypted disk.
- 64-bit platform compatibility � PrivateDisk works with Windows x64, on AMD64 and IA-64 systems. At the sametime, the program is able to run on older versions of Windows, includingWindows 95.
- NIST certification of all the cryptographic componentsapplied in this encryption software.
- AES 256-bit encryption is themost secure encryption algorithm applied today, chosen as a statestandard due to its strength and efficiency.
- Portability allows youto open your protected files on other computers by running Private Diskdirectly from a removable drive, without having to install it locally.The program can be migrated to a USB disk or flash memory card with asingle click, while the built-in safe hardware removal routine will helpyou disconnect a removable disk quickly and safely.
- Encryptedbackups - create compressed encrypted backups of your protected data,making disaster recovery an easy process. Backups are also a commoncorporate policy.
- User friendly licensing policy that allows you touse the same license of Private Disk on multiple computers withoutpaying additional fees. More details in sales FAQ.
- Autorun applications � simplify your tasks and save your time by automating theexecution of specific applications located on the encrypted drive.
- Autofinish allows you to perform a broad range of tasks automatically(ex: remove temporary files), by letting Private Disk run specificapplications when a disk is dismounted.
- Data wiping � securely erase your encrypted data, making sure that recovery tools will fail to obtainfragments of your encrypted files.
- Encryption key backup allows you to restore your protected files in cases when the media on which theencrypted disk is stored becomes corrupt.
- Protects unattended computer - automatic disk disconnection � after a defined inactivityperiod � this will back you up in case the tea-break took longer thanyou initially planned.
- User friendly upgrade policy � upgrade to new versions of the software for free; get discounts for major updates.
- Mount multiple disks simultaneously and manage your files in a betterway, keeping them ordered by categorizing and cataloguing them; savetime by cutting search times.
- A broad range of media can be used to store the encrypted data. Among the supported storage units are externalhard drives, flash memory cards, USB flash drives, iPods, etc.
- Full customization of the program's look'n'feel: icons, hotkeys, optionalcommand line arguments for usage in batch scripts, etc.
- Flexible feature control � Autorun, Autofinish can be disabled without losing thecustomized lists of applications that have to be launched, while DiskFirewall can be disabled without deleting the white-list.
- Hibernate control allows you to decide whether the disks will be left connectedwhen the system hibernates.
- Free unlimited technical support via phone and Internet: email, community forums, real-time remoteassistance.
Dekart Private Disk does not contain any backdoor. Unlike manyother encryption products, Private Disk does not contain backdoors orgovernment induced escrow keys that would allow the police, or any otherauthority to decrypt your confidential information. Dekart is a companylocated in the Republic of Moldova, our state does not have laws thatforce us to add backdoors to encryption software. This means that yourdata are well-protected, and that the security of your privateinformation has no breaches. Private Disk's encryption mechanisms werecertified by NIST, which guarantees that your data are protected againstnon-government controlled access attempts too.
Dekart develops trusted IT security solutions that addresstoday�s endpoint security challenges. Founded in 1995, Dekart now servesseveral thousands of businesses and enterprises around the world. Dekart�s solutions help clients comply with governmental regulationssuch as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley byeliminating data and identity theft and providing proper userauthentication and data protection within the enterprise. Thesesolutions include hard disk encryption and file encryption, and smartcard and biometric authentication for multiple platforms. Dekart alsodelivers SIM and smart card management solutions, and manufactures theworld's smallest USB plug-in smart card reader, compatible with alltypes of smart cards available on the market today. The company isheadquartered in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, with resellers and OEMpartners worldwide.
- Dekart Private Disk
- Version: 2.09
- System Requirements: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
- DownloadDekart Private Disk NOW!
Michael E. Callahan, known around the world by the trademarked name Dr. File Finder, is regarded as the world's leading expert on shareware. Dr. File Finder works with software programs and developers full-time, and in the average year he evaluates 10,000 programs. Since 1982 he has evaluated over 250,000 software and hardware products. Mr. Callahan began evaluating software online in 1982 and no one has been at it longer. He currently works doing online PR and marketing for software companies, and is the Senior Content Producer for Butterscotch.Com.