Stacy's Weekly Mashup: PreZentit, Netvibes, GrandCentral, Gaia, deviantART...
|Published:||Jul 26, 2007|
My schedule has been whacky for a few weeks, but I've been collecting all these fantastic links to share with you! So this week is a mashup OVERLOAD extravaganza! Enjoy link after link of geeky Web 2.0 goodness!
Web 2.0 Sites:
- 6 Billion Others - Listen to the testimonials of people from around the world
- The People's Media Company - Contribute original video, text, audio and images on any topic to gain exposure and earn cash
- BeeThere - Enter your favorite bands, and get notified in time to buy tickets to their next show
- PreZentit - Create, share and show your presentations online
- Netvibes - Manage your digital life and share content with your friends
- OpenID - An open, decentralized, free framework for user-centric digital identity
- GrandCentral - One number, a number that's not tied to a phone or a location, but tied to you
- Gaia Online - Play games, make friends, and participate in one of the world's fastest growing communities
- AllPeers - Share your movies, music, photos and webpages with friends and family
- Bix - Create, enter, and judge online contests.
- Ustream - A platform that provides live interactive video for everyone
- Zooomr - Share, search, store, sort and sell your photos online
- Ixquick -Protects your privacy: it's the only search engine that deletes your personal data
- 3Jam - Reply-all text messaging for any mobile phone that keeps everyone connected
- ImThere - A user-driven service dedicated to your events, your interests, and your life
Freeware Features of the Week:
- GameGum Enjoy a diverse and large collection of games, interact with others, and earn money from your games with revenue sharing.
- Foosic An automated music database and a playback statistics tracking system for Foobar2000 and amaroK
Wallpaper of the Week: Nebraska, 1974
Flickr Image of the Week: by Christine (bpc)
Top Blog Picks:
- Coding Horror
- Incremental Blogger
- Dosh Dosh
Article of the Week: Professor Says Textbooks Are Too Expensive, Quits Using Them - The Consumerist
Art Site of the Week:
deviantART - The largest art community in the world!
Video of the Week:
Smells Terrific - Firefox Flicks
Hope you've been enjoying your summer so far! Next week my crazy schedule continues, sorry folks! But I'll be back with more fun links, geek news, blogs and much more in two weeks! Got a great site to share? Do you have any comments or suggestions? I'd love to hear from you! Just send an email to email@example.com and say hello!
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.