Shareware Spotlight Featuring SwiftCompare
|Published:||Sep 11, 2007|
|Author:||Michael E, Callahan|
In The Spotlight: SwiftCompare
by Michael E. Callahan aka Dr. File Finder
SwiftCompare is a flexible tool for comparing files and folders and merging/synchronizing the differences between them.
SwiftCompare, by Oorja Software, is a comparison and synchronization tool for both files and folders. Whether you wish to track changes in text documents, source code files, html files, or any other files or folders, SwiftCompare helps you accomplish the same with great ease. It also enables you to work at different locations, without any trouble. All you need to do is use the strong synchronization features of SwiftCompare to synchronize the work folders on different computers.
And in case your important data gets corrupt, you need not start working all over again. SwiftCompare will help you identify the corrupted portions of the data, enabling you to keep the uncorrupted part. You can also use SwiftCompare to verify the important data written onto media like floppy disk or USB Drive before carrying it to places like home, presentation site, or any other place; You can do that by comparing the Data byte-by-byte using the Binary Compare feature of SwiftCompare.
One of the key features of SwiftCompare is one click merge/synchronization of files and folders. While the power users can use the advanced file editing operations, (like copying a line or a number of lines from one file to the other one) and folder editing operations (like copying, moving, renaming a file/folder), simple users still enjoy the simplicity of synchronizing files/folders using a single click such that the files and folders have the latest versions of everything.
For safety of your documents, SwiftCompare also provides you the option of backing up your files and folders before modifying them, ruling out any possibility of losing your valuable data.
Some of the distinctive features of SwiftCompare are :
- 1. In place Text editor for files being compared. The Text editor has Syntax highlighting for source code, and other useful in built functionalities like find-replace, undo-redo, cut-copy-paste.
- 2. Useful comparison options. For File Compare Viewer : Ignore Source code Comments, Blank lines, Spaces - Leading/Trailing/All etc. For Folder Compare Viewer : Compare Files' Size, Contents, Modification Time, Version etc.
- 3. Visual Compare Viewer which shows a visual summary of overall differences in files.
- 4. Filters to ignore Files/Folders that need not be included for comparison, like empty Files/Folders, system, hidden Files/Folders etc. You can also specify File extension filter (e.g. : "*.html") .
- 5. Comparison of FAT/NTFS files ignoring the incompatibility between the two file systems. SwiftCompare handles the FAT/NTFS Time difference issues so you don't have to worry about it. Options are provided to ignore the Time incompatibility between FAT/NTFS file systems due to things like DST(Daylight Savings time) and 2 seconds rounding off of time in FAT file system.
- 6. Support for Unicode and Multi byte character sets.
- 7. Support for windows, Mac and Unix files.
For all these reasons and more you should try SwiftCompare today!
Michael E. Callahan, known around the world by the trademarked name Dr. File Finder, is regarded as the world's leading expert on shareware. Dr. File Finder works with software programs and developers full-time, and in the average year he evaluates 10,000 programs. Since 1982 he has evaluated over 250,000 software and hardware products. Mr. Callahan began evaluating software online in 1982 and no one has been at it longer. He currently works doing online PR and marketing for software companies, and is the Senior Content Producer for Butterscotch.Com.