Stacy's Weekly Mashup: Anywhere.FM, Ethical Junction, HotShare, Media Convert, deputydog...
|Published:||Oct 4, 2007|
Web 2.0 Sites:
- Anywhere.FM - Play and share music online wherever you go
- Ether - Earn money selling what you say to others over the phone or through email
- Pluck - Powering social media for publishers and brands
- HotShare - Share your videos, photos, movies, music, flash and files
- Asterpix - Make your videos interactive
- Jyte - Make claims, share the cred, connect with people
- Triond - Create any kind of content, publish and earn monthly royalties
- Qunu - Find someone to talk to who most likely knows what you don't
- Tweetbar - A Twitter sidebar for Flock and Firefox
- Ethical Junction - Provides information on screened companies that offer ethical and sustainable products and services
Freeware Feature of the Week: Media Convert - Convert audio files, video, presentation, document, spreadsheet, etc. online for free
Wallpaper of the Week: Leaving Autumn
Flickr Image of the Week: In My World by Victoriano
Top Blog Picks:
Article of the Week: Sony BMG's chief anti-piracy lawyer: "Copying" music you own is "stealing" - Ars Technica
Video of the Week:
Image Resizing by Seam Carving
Geek Tip of the Week: - This tip comes from Annoyances.org. If you've ever wanted to know how to turn off the CD Auto-Run feature, this page offers many solutions for different operating systems. Did you know that while using any OS, if you hold down the Shift key when inserting the CD, the autorun is bypassed?
That wraps things up for this week! If you're looking for more, you can find an archive of past articles here. If you know of a great site that's worth sharing or if you have any comments or suggestions, drop me a line! firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.