Shareware Spotlight Featuring ClubBackup
|Published:||Jul 2, 2008|
In The Spotlight: Club Backup
Protect your files from disaster with the online backup server ClubBackup.com
ClubBackup.com offers a great (sometimes free) way to protect your computer from losing files and data. For example:
- 1) Viruses can wreck your files
- 2) Hard drive failure - Hard drives wear out. They are a complex mechanism of moving parts. They are eventually bound to fail. Not trying to scare anybody, just stating a fact.
- 3) Lightening can drive your computer nuts. I can't tell you how many hard drives I've lost over the years to due lightening. Even with the greatest of surge suppressors they can still lose their mind.
- 4) Other weather disasters such as a flood, earthquake, etc... Everybody has some natural disaster in their area to deal with. 5) And yes... even the most skilled computer nerd can accidentally delete files permanently. It does happen.
Consider what would happen if your data was compromised. Or if you simply lost it due to an accident or disaster. You need protection. You need an online backup site.
What are the benefits to ClubBackup.Com?
- 1) It is cheap. Sometimes free. At clubbackup.com you get 1 GB of free space and 20 GB for $4.95/month. That's enough for most people.
- 2) You don't ever have to worry about swapping out CD's or tapes. Your data just gets uploaded securely and invisibly to you.
- 3) It's a "set it and forget it" solution. Once you set up the software you never ever have to worry about it again.
Know that ClubBackup.Com received the coveted 5 cows from Tucows.
Advantages of Online Backup over traditional methods:
- Online backup does not require user intervention. The user does not have to change tapes, label CDs or perform other manual steps.
- Online backup maintains data offsite. Perhaps the most important aspect of backing up is that backups are stored in a different location from the original data. Traditional backup requires manually taking the backup media offsite.
- Data storage abroad is an advantage too.
- ClubBackup.com will work continuously, backing up files as they are changed.
Worried about Security? We include File Encryption. The same type of encryption that banks and the military uses. When you store your files on our server they are encrypted with a password that you provide. This way NOBODY - not even employees of ClubBackup.com and American Systems can see your files.
Why is this important?
To protect your data from prying eyes. It's just one more layer of protection for you. Some companies need their files encrypted to keep their financial records secret. Social Security numbers, bank account numbers, etc. are now completely scrambled on our servers.
Now you can rest easier knowing that:
A) Your data is backed up and protected on our site
B) NOBODY can peek at your data but you.
The only time your data is not encrypted (scrambled) is on your PC or on your network. Once it's downloaded to your system, it is decrypted (unscrambled). Any time your data is in transit to or from our servers, it is encrypted. And it is stored on our servers encrypted.
On top of all this, Club Backup lets you sync data between multiple computers. Unlike other solutions, Club Backup lets you designate one computer as the primary one and the others mirror it. You can also access your backed up data right from the Web site. That means you have access to it no matter where you are ... down the street or 10,000 miles away.
ClubBackup.com by American Systems has been creating productivity software for Windows since 1994. Our products are known to be some of the most useful and easy to use programs on the market. We provide quick response to technical support questions and are always interested in users' suggestions for product features and improvements.
In the bonus episode Doc Callahan tells you of his favorite features in Safari 4.0 view it
Stacy Reed rounds up her favorite April Fools' pranks this year view it
Buying, downloading and reading books on the iPad view it
A cool feature in Picasa is the ability to add name tags to photos so Picasa can automatically find photos that include that person. view it
In this episode, we'll be looking at setting up a Bluetooth accessory, we'll offer a few power-saving tips and we'll take a quick look at how copy and paste works on the Samsung Galaxy SII 4G. view it
In this episode, we'll be taking a look at some of the pre-installed apps on the Galaxy SII including the Android Market, Gmail, the browser and the camera. view it
In this episode, we'll be taking a look at some of the Android tweaks that Samsung has made with its TouchWiz interface. We'll also take a look at adding widgets and app shortcuts to our homescreens, including Samsung's own specialized apps and widgets. view it