Stacy's Weekly Mashup: Foxmarks, Uptogo, Spore, Freeware PDF Unlocker...
|Published:||Jun 19, 2008|
Web 2.0 Sites:
- Foxmarks - Firefox 3.0 does not support Browser Sync but this tool works just as well to synchronize your bookmarks across multiple computers
- Uptogo - A collaborative platform that allows your client to review and approve your artwork online
- beYOU.tv - Videos designed to motivate and show you proper workout techniques
- FindSounds - A free site where you can search the Web for sound effects and musical instrument samples
- Mento - A button for your browser and a place for saving your shared links
Freeware Feature of the Week: Freeware PDF Unlocker - Remove the password and restrictions on any PDF file that you can read
Shareware Feature of the Week: Spore - Preorder the full game or download the Spore Creature Creator now to get a head start!
Wallpaper of the Week: Cow Tongue
The Week in Geek News:
- Twitters From Mars! - Washington Post
- Kid Rock Boycotts iTunes, Champions P2P - Wired
- IP traffic to 'double' every two years - iTnews
- Can Associated Press control the blogosphere? - MSNBC
- Sweden adopts law allowing official eavesdropping - Yahoo! News
Flickr Image of the Week: by Lens linker
Top Blog Picks:
Article of the Week: Power User's Guide to Firefox 3 - Lifehacker
Art Site of the Week:
Desktop Nexus - A premier source for high-quality desktop backgrounds
The Weekly Widget: Google Widget - Search Google right from your desktop
Free Game of the Week: Music Catch - A unique and relaxing game in which you collect shapes that flow to beautiful music while avoiding the dangerous colored red ones
Video of the Week:
Put Any Site in Your Menu Bar
Geek Weekly: This week's geek tip comes from Mozilla Links - An article that shares how to tweak Firefox 3 full page zoom.
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.