How To Reduce Repetitive Typing Each Day
|Published:||Oct 20, 2008|
|Author:||Tucows Editorial Staff|
Reduce Repetitive Typing Each Day
by Stan Jones of Insight Software Solutions
"How can I reduce the amount of repetitive typing that I do each day?"
The answer is quite simple. Use ShortKeys. Just type a few letters and watch it be replaced with up to 3000 characters of text.
Below are a few easy steps that show how this is accomplished.
- First select a couple of initial default program settings. Open ShortKeys and click on Options | Preferences | General. Select “Use Suffix Keys” and also the “Retype Suffix Key” option. Click OK to save the settings. The suffix key option requires that you type the shortcut text and then press the Space bar or Enter key to activate the text replacement.
- In the ShortKeys window, click on the Add ShortKey icon to open the Modify Keys window and start building the macro.
- Enter a shortcut in the Original ShortKey edit box. This shortcut represents the text typed to initiate the macro.
- Enter up to 3000 characters in the Replacement Text edit box. The text may be typed, or copied and pasted from another source.
- Click on the Save and Close button to save the shortkey.
That’s all there is to it. Open another application, type the shortcut and press the space bar to see the replacement text inserted.
You will soon discover a number of items that you type repetitively each day. When you do, quickly create a new shortkey and never type that string of text again. Let ShortKeys do the typing for you. Plus, you won’t have to worry about typos either – as long as you first input the text into ShortKeys error free.
Create individual shortkeys for email addresses, URL’s, contact information, commonly used phrases or responses, boilerplate text and much more.
About Insight Software Solutions
Insight Software Solutions creates software for the Windows operating system from their offices in Kayesville, Utah. Some of the companies award-winning products include Macro Express, Keyboard Express, ShortKeys, Zip Express, Capture Express, and more. From utilities to games, Insight Software Solutions does it all.
If you have a question on how to do something on the computer you can submit it via email by clicking HERE You will not receive a reply, but all topics will be considered.
Tucows Editorial Staff works to achieve our goal of helping people to use the Internet and computers more easily and more effectively. Tucows Editorial, started in 2005, keeps this goal in mind as we strive to bring you informative articles, editorial specials, tutorials, and answers to all of your questions.