Business Tip: Get Ready
|Published:||May 21, 2012|
Hi. Warren Coughlin here. I've been one of the top North American business coaches with ActionCOACH for the last half decade. Over the next while, I'll be sharing some tips with you on how you can both grow and enjoy your business a bit more. Tucows is very interested in your success and I commend them for asking someone like me to come in and try to help you out.
I'll be sharing tips about marketing, financial management, building teams, managing time and personal growth. As we're just getting started, I thought I'd share something fun, thought provoking and all encompassing.
We just finished the first quarter of 2012. There are three quarters left. In that time, how would you like to make it your best year ever? Well, here are my tips to make it happen:
- Make a list of the 10 things that make you happiest. (Reading, yoga, time with kids, helping others...)
- Schedule time to do them
- Do them
- Set a goal that you will have to grow to achieve
- Plan the steps to achieve the goal
- Follow it
- Be the most positive person in the room
- Smile... a lot
- Laugh... a lot
- Act ethically, even if it is hard
- Leave things better than when you found them
- Celebrate your successes...even the little ones
- Regularly acknowledge the things you are grateful for
- Stop complaining...it doesn’t serve you or anyone
- Stop beating yourself up...you wouldn’t accept it from others; don’t accept it from yourself
- Try something new every month ( a new restaurant, dog sledding, photography, see a play...)
- Look for opportunities to help others.
- Help them
- Less TV and more conversation
- Give more than you receive (you’ll wind up getting more in the end)
- Create/add value
- Think less about what you are entitled to and more about what you can contribute
- Recognize that you don’t "have to" do anything; everything is a choice so enjoy
- Create a vision for your life
- Ask your partner what s/he wants
- Ask your partner how s/he feels
- Listen to the answers
- Commit to quality in what you do
- Drink water
- Move your body
- Be kind rather than judgmental
- Do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done
- Let someone in (Yes that has a couple of meanings)
- Hold the door for someone
- Take deep breaths
- Appreciate beauty, even when it's not pretty
- Say "Please" and "thank you"
- Whatever you are doing, be interested in it
- Look for solutions, not fault
- Believe in yourself
- Believe that the world wants you to succeed; sometimes it just feels you need some lessons.
- Learn the lessons
- Stop IT! (You know what IT is for you.)
- Hug someone you love everyday
- Focus: follow one course until successful
- Add what you want to this list
- Pass it on
Success is yours…Go Get It!
Top Performing Canadian Coach
I am a certified Business Coach with ActionCOACH, the World’s #1 Business Coaching Franchise (Entrepreneur Magazine, Jan. 2004 & 2005). My goal is to help small business owners, such as yourself, spend less time working in your business and more time working on your business. In the end, you'll be spending less total time working and will be making more money. I’d also like to help you put the FUN back in your business and your life.