|Published:||Jun 19, 2013|
Tucows is proud to announce our new PAD Polling feature aimed toward keeping your software listings up-to-date with the most current version and description!
Here's how it works:
- Developers, when you submit a new add or update with a PAD file, be sure it includes a URL to the location where your PAD file is hosted, then we can check that file periodically for updates. That's it, no need to come back and resubmit each time you update your software. All you have to do from there is update that PAD file on your server when new versions are released.
- If you are not an ARC subscriber, we will automatically poll your PAD file for updates once every 6 months. If your PAD file's been updated since the last time we checked, we'll update the file, version number, and corresponding information for free! The estimated processing time for updates is approximately 2 weeks.
- If you are an ARC subscriber ($9.99/mo or $100/yr), we will begin providing the additional service of polling for software updates each month rather than twice a year. If an update to your software has been detected by polling your PAD file, you will receive an email notification to let you know that we've automatically added your listing to our regular ARC queue to be updated; again, this process takes about 2 weeks.
- If you are an ARC subscriber -AND- spend a minimum of $200 a month in ARC -OR- have purchased a First Class Yearly ($2,000), we will check all of your titles for updates daily as well as process them in an expedited manner — a courtesy reserved only for our valued authors and publishers!
Other major benefits of being a subscriber include:
- Free Listing Upgrades - a value of $25 per month includes Cross Promotion, Promotional Merchandise, Key Features, and International Titles.
- Description and screenshots can be updated every 30 days (non-subscribers have to wait 90 days).
- Receive daily download statistics and enjoy exclusive advanced notice on upcoming promotions and specials.
Keeping your Tucows software listing fresh and updated with the most recent information available is beneficial to all parties, especially our visitors who are always on the lookout for new and popular titles. By polling your PAD files on a regular basis, now it's practically effortless!
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.