Crossword Construction Kit
|Published:||Sep 13, 2005|
|Author:||Michael E, Callahan|
|Software that can help||Good for||Cow Rating|
|Quickly produce professional looking puzzles for students, employees, friends and family...|
Are you using crossword puzzles as an effective teaching tool to reinforce concepts and ideas? Or do you think they are too difficult or time consuming to make? Well, read on to find out how simple it can be to create a puzzle with Crossword Construction Kit.
Crossword Construction Kit produces great looking theme based crossword puzzles in minutes. No tedious work by hand is required. Just enter your words and clues (or import from a TXT file), select a puzzle shape and page layout, and press a button to generate the puzzle. Choose from the four best puzzle fits and the puzzle is now ready to export to a Web page or print.
It's that easy! Of course, you can customize the look of the puzzle pages, and create the puzzles in various shapes and sizes. Drop a bitmap image on the layout for that Wow! factor or simply add a field for a student to write their name. Include a text field to display instructions for users or add a bonus question to the puzzle.
Whether you plan to create a puzzle for class work at school, employee training at work, newsletters, Scouts, parties, wedding showers, church bulletins or anything else, Crossword Construction Kit is the answer.
- Create puzzles up to 49 x 49 in size with a maximum of 200 words per puzzle and up to 150 characters per clue.
- The program features the unique ability to make puzzles in fun shapes with over 50 predefined puzzle shapes (diamonds, doughnuts, trains, etc). Use the shape creator to build an unlimited number of new shapes. Design a shape to match the theme of your puzzle.
- Spell check your entries before printing or publishing the puzzle. The program is equipped with spell checkers in seven different languages.
- The desktop publishing capabilities allow you to drag, drop, place and size the puzzle, graphic and text components anywhere on a page. You literally design what you want, how you want it and where you want it on the page.
- Print options include skeleton or filled box, font selection, answer key, partial answer key or selected letters as hints.
- Output your puzzle to paper, clipboard, bitmap, JPEG, metafile, HTML ready web page or as a playable puzzle.
- A Puzzle Player component is included that allows end-users to solve puzzles on their own computer.
- Create interactive Web based puzzles for Web site visitors to solve online. These puzzles can be used on any computer that supports Java, such as Mac OS X computers or systems running Linux. Optionally you can add timers and sound effects to enhance the experience.
Hundreds of pre-made puzzles are available for download from our puzzle site at www.puzzleconnection.com. Lots of additional puzzle shapes can be downloaded from this site as well. The puzzles and shapes are easily imported into the program for further use.
Crossword Construction Kit runs under Windows XP/2000/Me/98/NT4/95, costs just $24.95 (US) and can be ordered securely online from http://www.crosswordkit.com.
The Crossword Construction Kit is an invaluable tool for busy teachers, corporate trainers and others who need to quickly generate puzzles for their students and employees. Save precious time, effort and money without skimping on quality.
- Crossword Construction Kit
- Version: 4.0b
- System Requirements: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003
- Get more info
- Download Crossword Construction Kit NOW!
Kaysville, Utah based Insight Software Solutions offers a number of other award winning software programs including companion product Word Search Construction Kit, the 2004 Shareware Industry Award Winner in the Best Hobby or Personal Interest category. Other products include Macro Express, a 2005 Shareware Industry Awards Foundations People's Choice Awards winner, ShortKeys and Keyboard Express.
Michael E. Callahan, known around the world by the trademarked name Dr. File Finder, is regarded as the world's leading expert on shareware. Dr. File Finder works with software programs and developers full-time, and in the average year he evaluates 10,000 programs. Since 1982 he has evaluated over 250,000 software and hardware products. Mr. Callahan began evaluating software online in 1982 and no one has been at it longer. He currently works doing online PR and marketing for software companies, and is the Senior Content Producer for Butterscotch.Com.