Stacy's Weekly Mashup: netOffice, Central Desktop, Writeboard, TWiki, Clipmarks
|Published:||Mar 15, 2006|
This is a list of ten Web 2.0 tools that help people collaborate and manage information online.
- netOffice - netOffice allows managing and sharing information about teams, projects, tasks, deadlines and much more.
- thinkfree - A free suite of applications that mirror the capabilities of Microsoft Office.
- Central Desktop - A web-based collaboration tool for business teams to manage projects, share information and communicate with others.
- Writeboard - Write, share, revise, compare.
- Rallypoint - Create, organize and share your company's most valuable asset, it's knowledge.
- Strongspace - A secure place to gather, store, back-up and share any type of file with your co-workers, friends and family.
- TWiki - It is a Structured Wiki, typically used to run a project development space, a document management system, a knowledge base, or any other groupware tool, on an intranet or on the Internet.
- SubEthaEdit - Collaborative text editing. Universally.
- SynchroEdit - It allows multiple users to edit a single web-based document at the same time, and it continuously synchronizes all changes so that users always have the same version.
- clipmarks - When you're on the web and you find something you want to keep or share... clip it!
Do you know of a similar product online that allows you to share or collaborate documents? Share it with me by clicking Discuss this article below.
Stacy Reed is Tucows' resident software librarian and editor. She has been reviewing PC and mobile software as well as web services for over a decade. Helping developers improve and promote their products is only one of her areas of expertise. Stacy is also an advocate for Open Source, Creative Commons and freeware, taking special interest in educational resources, social media, cloud sharing, and mobile technology.