Technical Support Specialist
You will be responsible for receiving incoming support requests and prioritizing them based on urgency. You will be resolving problems related to hardware and software issues experienced by residential and small business customers. You will be expected to identify and troubleshoot small-scale networking and wireless problems. You will be doing a combination of remote and on-site diagnostics and troubleshooting. You will be communicating directly with customers.
- Providing desktop support for clients and remote workers.
- Supporting iOS & Android devices (set-up, configuration, & troubleshooting).
- Provisioning desktop level hardware & software.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting computer hardware problems.
- Malware & Virus removal.
- Inventory management of hardware, software, and backup systems.
- First level Windows Server Administration duties.
- LAN related special projects.
- Work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Be part of a rotational after hour’s on-call support team.
Desired Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Customer service experience is critical to role
- Excellent communication skills & service excellence essential in this role
- Previous experience with System imaging both on a PC and a MAC
- Good knowledge of wireless protocols and hardware
- Good knowledge of Computer hardware including troubleshooting & installation of motherboards, memory, hard drives, raid controllers, etc.
- Inventory & documentation management is important to this role
- Good knowledge of computer peripherals including Printers, Scanners, etc.
- Good knowledge of common Operating Systems (Win7/8/10, MACOS)
- Basic knowledge of TCPIP networking, DNS, DHCP, network hardware (“how the internet works”)
- Experience using ticket systems to document work
- Experience working within a Windows Active Directory environment an asset
- Experience working with VOIP technologies an asset
- A valid Driver's License and transportation to visit customer sites
- Ability to legally work in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage time and priorities efficiently, and operate in a self-directed manner, requiring minimal daily supervision
- Ability to simplify complex technical information for clients
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field(s)
- Industry certifications (MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, A+) preferred