Senior Software Engineer - Ting
and fiber Internet in select towns and cities. We’re looking for a
Senior Software Engineer to join the team. Speaking of the team, it’s
a bunch of smart, energetic and motivated developers. Given that you
share these qualities, you’ll fit right in.
We work in real-time on live systems… so it requires a steady hand and
a cool head. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong (we’re
optimists… but we’re also realists) and that needs to be accounted
You love the Internet. Not just using the Internet but the Internet
itself; net neutrality, the open Internet, and all that important
We're looking for a senior engineer to help design and develop
services and features using modern technologies to deliver
reliability, scalability, testability, and security. As well as
building and executing proper testcase coverage. Someone who can
participate in architectural design discussions and not be afraid to
push the envelope. Also, to grow into a leadership position within the
The experience you will bring...
- 5+ years professional experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Python or similar
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts
- Demonstrated performance tuning skills
- Experience with MySQL, or similar
- Familiarity with using version control systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Very good overall communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive and constructive attitude
Nice to have...-
- Experience with API application development
- Perl knowledge is an asset, but not required
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Contributions to an open-source project (of any kind).
- An account on Github.com with samples of your code.
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is one of the largest domain wholesaler in the world with Millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with Shopify, Squarespace and many others (Hover). Today, Tucows employs over 600 people and services millions of customers around the world.