GuitarTab lets you enter guitar tablature on your Mac, and then you can play it back and check the sound.
It comes with some sample song introductions, so you can hear how it works.
The songs are made up of a string of tab events that specify the notes to be played. Each event can also specify the duration of a note, 64th notes, the duration of modifiers, triplets, fifths, sextets, dotted notes, rest notes and velocities from 0-127.
Editing of notes can be performed with a variety of available features:
- Enter notes using arrow and number keys, or by clicking the fret board picture
- Cut, copy and paste single events or collections of events
- Duplicate events to the left or right of the current event
- Duplicate single notes above or below the current note
- Increase or decrease the current note fret
- Play back the entire song, or a section of a song, using the in and out markers
GuitarTab is fully Carbonized, so it runs on the current MacOS 8.0 and 9.0 and on Mac OS X. Playback requires Apple's QuickTime technology.