It provides real-time tracking and prediction and calculates the optimum time for moonbounce contacts between any two stations.
MoonSked features include:
- An easy interface that allows rapid choice of suitable date and time for EME schedules.
- Home station location from the map control panel.
- 144MHz/432MHz/1296MHz doppler shift between stations and 144MHz/432MHz background sky temperature.
- MoonSked tracks Sun, radio stars, or any celestial object.
- Database of stations, Macintosh or DOS format of DIR.SKD file (CR or CR/LF).
- Display of grid from latitude/longitude input.
- Moon elevation correction for parallax and correction for Earth's oblateness.
- Spatial polarity and maximum non reciprocity.
- Shows split of DGR in terms of additional sky noise and distance.
- Integrates Prediction window with Schedules window allowing auto sked entry.
- Presents a real-time world map that shows moon footprint/home and DX stations/sun and moon/moon phase and a sky noise map.
New in version 1.3.1:
- New improved Predictions Window (Now called Sked Maker).
- New Call Finder for finding call signs from partial calls, and it checks if stations found have moon.
- Choice of big/small world map. (set in miscellaneous tab panel in Preferences).
- You can now keep all windows open if you like.
- Moon Position window now shows which sequence you are on (TX or RX).
- Choice of 1, 2, or 2.5 minute periods and east/west station (Preferences/Miscellaneous).
- New 'Home Location ' Icon button; this quickly changes stations A and B to your Home QTH.
- New 'Today' button; this quickly changes the start and finish dates for today and calculates the moon preds right away.
- Next day; adds one day and calculates for the next day.
- Next weekend; sets start and finish to next Saturday/Sunday, and calculates.
For more detailed information, including on updates, please read the documentation or visit the home page.
Once you register MoonSked PPC, you will get free upgrades, support and a code to disable the reminder messages that will otherwise appear at regular intervals. In order to let you try the software, the software is not feature-disabled, however, some parts only run for a few minutes in each session.