ETD (E-mail To Database) 4.0
ETD is an application that reads messages contained in Eudora, Microsoft Outlook Express, Netscape Communicator, Claris Emailer (versions 1.1v3 and 2.0), Cyberdog, Mailsmith and America Online, and puts them into a single-tab-delimited field and return-delimited record file (database format).
At this point, they are ready to be imported into a spreadsheet or database. Once they are imported, you can use the power of the database on your e-mail.
FileMaker Pro. templates (from versions 2.1, 3.0, and 4.0) are included in order to contain the imported data.
Having your mail in a database makes it much easier to summarize, report on, and utilize it in a number of ways.
If you need to use the power of a database on your e-mail, give ETD a try.
New in version 4.0:
- Complete rewrite of the conversion routine resulting in message conversion rates of up to 20 messages per second (on 450 Mhz G4).
- Removed the getDate XCMD, and rewrote the date conversion routines. ETD now works in any country, with any date format.
- Added the ability to select the fields you want to convert from a list of 29 standard and X- mail headers.
- Added an Audit Trail that records the mail system, mail box, and the number of messages archived.
- Added the Version 4.0 manual in PDF format to the archive.