HotReels functions as a loop-recording program that specializes in solo performances of a particular instrument.
It features real-time recording for four audio tracks and auto-looping. It includes a time-change function. You can use it to control effects.
Other features include:
- Each locator of a track is independent from the others
- Performance effect by pseudo beat changing
- Recording and playback from any beat
- Starting beat and loop-meausre are easily changable
- Mix three tracks into one
- Sound file import (AIFF, Sound Designer II)
- Sound file export (AIFF)
- Master-track recording
For more detailed information, including on requirements and updates, please read the documentation or visit the home page.
Requirements are: Power PC G3 or G4 Macintosh and a second cache memory, MacOS 7.5.5 or later.
Do not use this program on Mac OS X Classic environment. It needs: 64 MBs or more of RAM, 10MB free disk space for installation, 20MB or more of free memory. If you use effect plug-ins, more memory is needed. Virtual memory should be off.