Unsanity Echo 1.2.1
Unsanity Echo is an audio player capable of playing many popular sound formats such as MP3, IT, S3M, CD Audio, AC3, AIFF, and more.
Unsanity? Echo also provides playback support for the open-source format - OGG Vorbis.
- A Visual plugin system called EchoVision.
- The ability to play over 20 audio formats.
- Unsanity Echo's interface engine allows skinmakers to create as many windows as they like, and place any number of buttons in these windows.
- It is easily expandable - whenever support for a new audio format arrives, you don't need to re-download the whole application - just download a plugin and Unsanity Echo is ready to play new kinds of music for you.
- Unsanity Echo supports popular audio-streaming technologies. Listen to Shoutcast and Icecast streams with a single click.
- And, it makes use of a full-featured database engine for organizing your music collection and listening to it the way you want to.
For more detailed information, including on updates, please read the documentation or visit the home page.
Unfortunately, the authors haven't provided any obvious specific system requirements. However, on their site, they refer to this as the Classic OS version as opposed to the new version for OS X (which, BTW, is in our OS X section). I tried it on OS 9 on my iMac, and it worked fine. I can only assume it will work on the OS 8.x systems and maybe on some OS 7.x systems, but this is merely a guess. It is strictly up to you if you want to find out for sure.