SockeToome sends files directly to other users without a central server, and it can be used by people with both static and dynamic IP addresses.
It works at the sender's convenience, queueing files for transmission to other users and holding them in a queue until they are successfully sent.
If you regularly exchange files with other people, SockeToome can simplify your life with features like these:
- Both retries and resumes transfers
- Transmits directly between the sender's and receiver's computer
- Preserving your privacy since no central server is involved
- Works at the sender's convenience as well as at the receiver's, and works between Macs and PCs
- Can handle up to four outgoing and three incoming transmissions simultaneously
- Simple to set up and run
- Particularly suitable where people regularly exchange files
- Works with both static and dynamic IP addresses; it utilizes a priority-based queueing system and allows messages to be sent with files
- Has comprehensive logging, can be run unattended, features many queue-management facilities, and can be used to back up critical files to a friend's computer
For more detailed information and instructions, please read the documentation or visit the home page.
Cost: $20 for a single user; An introductory special Correspondent offer buys two licenses for $26, allowing you to set up a friend with SockeToome at a substantial discount.
In our first episode of this series, we'll show you how to install iOS 5, Apple's newest version of their mobile operating system. view it
In this episode, we show you how to connect the HTC HD7 to your computer so you can upgrade your handset and sync your files. view it
By default, you can share pictures on your Android phone through Gmail, but we'll show you how to share other files types in this tutorial. view it
We show you how to back up your photos using Picasa so you can keep your memories protected. view it
We show you a couple of ways that you can share your GarageBand songs with your friends and family. view it
Opera Unite lets you share your content your way view it
HomeGroup makes it easy to share files with all the Windows 7 computers in your home view it