GroupSync enables groups of Palm(tm) device users to share information in their handheld databases during the normal HotSync process through the use of configurable conduits.
Shared categories are subject to different access levels and privacy restrictions.
- Full access or read only synchronization between users' categories
- 3 levels of restriction on Private Records
- Category manipulation from the desktop (Native Datebook users can have categories too!)
- Optional record tagging for clarity
- Automatic detection of mapping conflicts to ensure unauthorised indirect access is avoided
- Synchronization with users of remote desktops (over a LAN)
- Dynamic updating of both local and remote PalmOS Desktop displays.
Changes in 2.0
- LAN syncing issues resolved
- Dynamic updating of PalmOS Desktop using GroupSync Remote Server
- Licensing controls changed
- GroupSync is now available with all conduits as one package