MacNote3 is a new and highly-developed version of the earlier MacNote.
It retains all of the features of MacNote, while offering a wide range of more sophisticated features in addition. These include facilities for the selection of multiple pages and the exportation of images. It still has the familiar interface, and very quickly responds to commands. MacNote3 is similar to Notepad, or Scrapbook (these are applications familiar to users of Mac OS9), and so is easy to use. Also, via AppleScript - or by means of regular expressions - it allows the user to edit text. Features
1. Simplicity The most important feature of MacNote3 is its simplicity. It can be used in a fairly intuitive way, and there is no need to pay any attention to its file structure, or worry about saving data. New data is saved automatically and in a manner compatible with unhindered use. I hope that, for purchasers, MacNote3 will always be the stationery of first recourse.
2. Link The user is able in any MacNote3 page, to install links to URLs, Files, other pages of MacNote3 and messages in Mail.app. Thus, pages can serve as an application launcher or a bookmark. In OSX 10.4 or higher, it is possible also to make a link to a message in Mail.app, so it's easy to organize a To-Do page.
3. Multi-Window and Tab MacNote3 allows the opening of multiple windows. In addition, multiple pages can be opened, via a tab, in one window.
4. Incremental Search MacNote3 provides a swift incremental search. The user can quickly locate a needed page, even though it may be hidden among many others. MacNote3 also provides a list of "Frequently-used pages" and "Recently-used pages", so the user is free to store as many pages as required.
5. AppleScript MacNote3 is AppleScript compatible. Text data from MacNote3 can be transferred to another application via AppleScript. For example: templates for creating mail messages may be stored in MacNote3, and by employing AppleScript, new email messages can be created from these templates. Or, by means of AppleScript, lyrics from iTunes can be imported into a newly-created page. AppleScript can edit text of MacNote3 too, so it's easy to insert HTML tags and so on. Of course you can write a new script and expand the ability of MacNote3 by yourself.
6. Iconize If the user so desires, MacNote3 windows can be made to appear as tiny icons, and thus can be displayed separately on the desktop. In this mode a MacNote3 window is unobtrusive, yet allows the convenient entering of new data.
7. Export to iPod It's easy to export page data to an iPod, and therefore memos can be read on an iPod. MacNote3 can export its page data to any kind of iPod - from the oldest models to the most recent touch iPod or iPhone (with the exception of shuffle). Now MacNote for iPhone and iPod touch "mmNote" is available (freeware). MacNote3 can synchronize its data with mmNote via Wifi, so the users can refer to and edit MacNote3 memo and its images on iPhone and iPod touch too.
8. Compatible with other standard services of Mac OSX MacNote3 is compatible with other services that apply in Mac OSX. A new page can be created via the "Service" menu of another application; a page in MacNote3 can be opened via Spotlight; a page previewed via QuickLook, and so on.