Email service tailored specifically to the needs of web hosting companies and ISPs
TORONTO, May 23 /CNW/ – Tucows Inc. (AMEX:TCX, TSX:TC), a leading provider of Internet services to web hosting companies and ISPs worldwide, has unveiled the next generation of its Tucows Email Service.
The new hosted email service combines a brand new, AJAX-enabled webmail interface with backend architecture built from the ground up to provide exceptional reliability and performance.
“This latest generation of our email service demonstrates our commitment to help service providers offer highly-competitive services to their customers,” said Elliot Noss, President and Chief Executive Officer, Tucows Inc. “For too long, service providers have viewed email as something they could get away with providing a low-end version of. The result has been too few customers actually using the service provider’s email system. When you are selling hosting and domain names that is a dangerous place to be. The market has changed in the last 12-24 months and what was passable at the low-end is simply not good enough anymore.”
The new webmail interface brings together desktop-like functionality and anytime, anywhere access. “Our vision is to make webmail something you want to use all the time, not just when you’re away from your home computer,” said Kim Phelan, Director of Product Management, Tucows Inc. “By providing competitive webmail along with full support for traditional email programs, we’ve ended up with an email service that works not only for users, but also for service providers. Our offering is reliable, fully featured and competitive email that will continue to evolve.”
Leveraging technology from Nitido Inc., a Toronto-based leader in creating subscriber-centric services, the Tucows Email Service is able to provide a web mail experience that is comparable to the leading free and premium web mail providers.
“Working with Nitido we’ve been able to accelerate the delivery of our next-generation service while setting the stage for continuing innovation and additional services to come,” said Noss.
“Tucows is leveraging Nitido’s technology to bring world-class webmail to ISPs and web hosts”, said Mauricio De Simone, Chief Executive Officer, Nitido Inc. “The combination of Tucows’ reach, operational excellence and customer service alongside Nitido’s product, technology and experience in large scale deployments, creates the single best option in the market today for a service provider looking to outsource its email operation.”
Features of the Tucows Email Service:
- New AJAX-enabled webmail interface features:
- Drag and drop folders
- Message preview pane
- Rich-text message compose
- Multimedia support with slideshows for photos and audio player for MP3 attachments
- Multi-language support (English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Brazilian Portuguese)
- POP and IMAP are also available
- Tucows offers completely white-labeled webmail and includes an easy-to-use web-based branding tool so service providers can customize the webmail interface themselves.
- Our standard offering includes 2GB of storage per mailbox and allows for attachments of up to 20MB in size. For peace of mind, we offer a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- New diagnostic tools are available to our Tier II 24/7/365 Customer Support team to assist in resolving customer issues at first call.
- In-bound and out-bound spam and virus filtering are included.
- High-performance system built from the ground up with the goals of being scalable, reliable and capable of handling large numbers of mailboxes. Service runs on Xen virtual technology.
Visit http://services.tucows.com for more information.
Tucows is at ISPCON, the Internet industry event, in Orlando, Florida from May 23 – 25. Please visit booth No. 509 for a demonstration of the Tucows Email Service.
Since 1999, Nitido has been enabling world leading network service providers and ISPs to create and deliver mobile and Web-based subscriber-centric services to very large consumer audiences. Today, over 30 million consumers enjoy service provider branded services built and run on Nitido’s technology. For more information, please visit: http://www.nitido.com.
Tucows Inc. (AMEX:TCX, TSX:TC), is the largest Internet services provider for hosting companies and ISPs. Through our network of over 7,000 service providers around the world we provide millions of email boxes and manage over seven million domains. Tucows is an accredited registrar with ICANN (the Internet Corporate for Assigned Names and Numbers). Tucows remains one of the most popular software download sites on the Internet. For more information please visit: http://tucowsinc.com.
For further information: Leona Hobbs, Director of Communications
Tucows Inc., (416) 538-5450, email@example.com
Nitido Inc., (416) 371-2270, firstname.lastname@example.org