Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the Opportunity
The Solutions Specialist is responsible for the planning, resourcing, and overseeing of all IS project activities, including successful project delivery, handling finances, risk management, and communications. They will work with the Leadership team and partners to ensure that the overall project management plan, financials relating to vendor contracts, and the organizational change management process are handled appropriately. They will also be accountable for identifying and mitigating project risks (both financial and operational), delivering projects on time, and within the capital budget.
They participate as a partner in projects that require the inclusion of additional features or functionality for existing SaaS tools, monitor updates and changes to our platforms, and participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the software and tool needs at Tucows. They are responsible for optimizing our current toolset - meeting with vendors and partners regularly to discuss issues, beta test, and launch new features to seek solutions for the company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- They will be responsible for delivering and implementing technology solutions to the organization, keeping track of the SaaS technology space, and maintaining a vendor portfolio to aid in delivering outstanding service solutions.
- Responsibility and ownership of Customer Experience projects at Tucows, including; building and managing project plans, defining and maintaining project objectives and requirements, coordinating and handling scope with partners, defining project schedules, prioritizing tasks, and presenting overall project progress to executives.
- Ensure accurate communication, mitigation planning, and tracking of overall project risk.
- Accountable for delivering regular status updates and communications
- Nurture partnerships with customers, partners, project sponsors, and vendors.
- Three (3) or more years of IT project management and/or solutions development experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in business administration, information technology or related subject areas
- Project management qualification (PMP) or PMO preferred but not required
- Analytical with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as negotiation skills, are a must.
- An outstanding teammate who is able to work optimally with multi-disciplinary teams and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong Leadership and organization skills
- A proven track record for delivering sophisticated, multi-platform projects and solutions
- Proficiency in related software tools including but not limited to Wrike, Asana, JIRA, MS Excel.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and the diverse points of view drives us forward every day.