Senior Product Manager
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
We are seeking a hardworking, collaborative and resourceful Senior Product Manager to define market requirements, product strategy, specification of service features and capabilities, and drive the timely delivery of new products. You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish. Success in this role comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic distributed team, so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together! We're looking for candidates from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. This role is a remote North American position.
- Create and execute on product area vision, driving towards specific business goals through our customer experience; run experiments to validate these hypotheses and determine solutions to bring to market
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, partners and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Work with senior management to create product plans, roadmaps, and coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Integrate with analytics tools, suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Own and work with marketing, design and engineering to build a sequenced backlog that aligns with business priorities and customer needs, act as PO for the set of scenarios you are driving.
- Supervise critical metrics to understand the impact of experiments and new features launched, conduct root cause analysis on metrics, Drive/Measure OKRs
- Prioritizing our Customers above all by working directly with them as well as our Marketing, Engineering and Customer Support teams to continually represent and improve the product.
- Craft comprehensive product plans, which define customer and market requirements, establish the objectives, strategies, and actions needed to achieve our customer's goals.
- Provide market knowledge and how we position our products in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Passion for understanding customer needs and pairing with data and outstanding design to elegantly resolve problems.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom.
- Self-starter and results-oriented, able to work under minimal mentorship.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and are comfortable describing related technical concepts and capabilities
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Background in software development and program management is preferred
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative thinking skills and Problem-solving aptitude
- Ideally 5+years experience developing and launching products within the mobile app, web or telecom environment
- Proficient in analytics, data management and dashboarding/reporting.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.