DevOps Engineer, Jira and Confluence - Remote
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second largest domain wholesaler in the world with 25 million domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
What we believe:
- The Internet is the greatest agent for positive change the world has ever seen.
- People find the Internet complex and confusing so we work to make things simple and reliable.
- Innovation and creativity are found in every employee, customer and partner we have.
- We know “we, beats me” any day.
About the opportunity:
DevOps Engineer will serve as the JIRA and Atlassian suite technical resource for migrations, upgrades, integrations, and maintenance. This person will be in charge of delivering new Jira development, workflow processes, address user questions, and deliver training as needed.
- Ensure the usage of the Atlassian tools set, workflows and add-ons meet the teams and business need
- Work with software teams to identify procedural efficiencies, such as with Jira Workflows, custom fields, etc.
- Configuration, maintenance, and administration of Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
- Interact with existing vendors for support and troubleshoot integrations issues
- Build JIRA projects, queries, and reports, as needed
- Construct security schemes, custom fields, configurations, custom workflows, post functions, and validates
- Document standards, guidelines and standard operating procedures for admins/users of the system
- Test, and deploy integrations between Atlassian products and other internal toolchains (Zendesk, Everbridge, Wrike, HRwize)
- 5+ Years experience in Atlassian Jira and Confluence administration
- 5+ Years of working in a DevOps environment and automation
- In-depth experience with technical solutions using JIRA and associated plugins or other Atlassian products
- Experience in providing training to use Atlassian toolset
- Experience in migrating and organizing data in Confluence and Jira
- Experience in building workflows, screens, fields, and reporting
- Experience in JIRA/Confluence add-ons, plugins, and extensions
- Experience in integrating Jira ITSM with third-party cloud services
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.