DevOps Engineer, CI/CD - Remote
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the team:
The CI/CD team helps other teams throughout the company deliver their work efficiently, quickly and reliably. We'd love to get every project and every team to the point where we can get code from development to production at the push of a button, with little to no manual intervention.
This entire process needs to include:
- Automated tests that stop the process if tests fail
- Have all the appropriate security scans done
- Include proper audit trails and required peer reviews
- Deployed to different stages (Dev, QA, Production) in a safe and reliable way
This is an exciting and ambitious goal, especially with the variety of technologies that are in use across the various teams. There are always new challenges and scenarios to deal with and you'll definitely be learning and growing in this role
What you'll be doing:
- Assist other teams with implementing CI/CD standard methodologies into their projects
- Maintain existing shared pipelines, CI/CD tools and automated deployment tools
- Research new tools and technologies to help move the company forward with automated deployments, builds and testing.
- Research and define CI/CD standards for multiple teams across the company to follow
Experience you'll bring:
- Strong python coding skills - 3+ years proven experience
- Experience with Jenkins, Groovy, GitHub actions/runners
- Experience with CI/CD piplines that take code from development all the way to production in an automated form
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code principles
- Good understanding of Unix Systems and bash scripting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend new technologies.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to build relationships.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
Nice to have skills/experience:
- Deployment tools such as Terraform, SaltStack
- Experience with SonarQube, GitHub APIs
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.