Team Manager, Domains Support
About the opportunity
Manage a team of 10-14 Customer Service Representatives, responsible for dealing with a variety of domain-related reseller issues. The Customer Service Manager develops standards for Tucows technical and customer support, provides technical guidance to the staff, liaises with internal technical and business management personnel to resolve customer issues and escalates to Senior Management and/or other departments accordingly.
Able to act as an escalation point for support staff when appropriate. This includes not only resolving issues but also acting as the reseller advocate, ensuring that the customer has the right product/service to meet their needs and requirements.
Accountable for providing leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, administration of quality measurement and evaluation of vendor performance for contracted services to ensure the optimization of resource use and the continual improvement of services from a client perspective. Responsible for alerting appropriate personnel of recurring problems and/or quality deficiencies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Call Centre personnel management including interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, performance evaluations, mentoring and coaching of staff, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Create and foster a positive, motivating work environment where staff members are provided with the necessary support and resources to develop.
- Develop and foster improved workflow strategies to enhance productivity, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and reliability of the current system and achieve customer satisfaction results; support and implement new and existing operational standards to ensure service mandates are met.
- Manage and resolve escalated calls from Senior Customer Advisors. Improve the customers' experience by understanding and focusing on what is important, measuring how we are doing and driving the necessary actions to improve services provided. Recommend solutions where appropriate, to better meet customer needs.
- Overseeing team performance, both individually and in conjunction with the other members of the management and senior team, including monitoring calls taken by call center staff as well as ticket, email and chat transaction review.
- Complete and submit activity reports, customer support stats, and project(s) status on a regular basis
- Ongoing review and revisions of training materials for all Call Centre activities. Conduct feedback sessions with Customer Service staff and consistently coach/develop employees with timely and constructive feedback.
- Acts as interface with third party suppliers (these may be internal or external contacts).
- Maintain the team's alignment with the company’s strategy and goals.
Experience you'll bring
- 3+ years call center experience, in a leadership role.
- 2+ years in a domain name management, web hosting, web development role will be an asset.
- Proven ability to train /coach highly technical support staff and team leads.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment with potentially conflicting priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership; self-directed.
- Able to think outside the box and evaluate issues from a non-linear perspective.
- Able to solve complex problems rapidly and effectively.
- Post-secondary Degree or equivalent (education and experience).
- 2-3 years of work experience in a similar organization.
Candidates must be capable of overseeing a 24x7 workforce and willing to work during the evening and/or overnights.