Strategic Account Manager
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the opportunity:
The Enterprise Strategic Account Manager is a hunter, consultative field sales position within our Business Services team. Individuals in this position are responsible for selling data and video services to new and existing customers.
Strategic Account Managers are responsible for crafting developing long-term relationships with new and existing customers in the Enterprise and Mid-market space. Both high level technical discussions and C-Level business conversations will be required to be successful in this role. This is primarily a hunter roll in a green field space that will evolve into both hunting and farming as customer acquisition progresses and may have a sales leadership role as our business develops.
What you’ll be doing:
- Primary responsibility is to develop or leverage existing relationships with Large Enterprise accounts within your assigned territory to sell Enterprise Internet Services into Large and Mid-Market Enterprise accounts and Bulk Internet services into Multi-Dwelling Units (MDU’s) such as apartment complexes, assisted living, hotels, and HOA’s.
- Develops and maintains sales plans for own territory and for each account with ability to blueprint a business’s hierarchy to best determine requirements and opportunities
- Responsible for achieving a monthly revenue quota in data, video, and additional sophisticated product sales
- Develop customer centric solutions and deliver sales proposals on product features and benefits
- Ability to work within an entrepreneurial environment where all processes and procedures are evolving and have the flexibility and ability to adapt an ever changing landscape
- Ability to self motivate and work independently to resolve problems, hold self accountable to proactively maintain appropriate activity standards to ensure funnel growth, be involved and know your markets served and maximize growth in a dynamic environment
- Meets with prospective customers in person or by conference call to collect information required to assess their communication needs in detail, estimate the amount and type of potential business the account represents, and qualify the prospect. Position involves significant field sales activities with travel to customer locations expected as often as daily
- Clearly understand and communicate the company’s value proposition at multiple levels within organizations
- Work with the Support Account Manager teams to insure timely handoff of sold accounts for ongoing management and retention
- Maintain all sales databases necessary to report sales activity and customer information. Experience with CRM database management required.
- Work in conjunction with other Business Services support groups
- Attend all sales meeting and training sessions as the need arises by Management
- Four Plus Years of B2B sales experience, preferably selling data, voice, and video solutions with ideally two years of Telecommunications or Premise Based Voice and Data product sales
- Working knowledge of computers, computer networking, Internet solutions and fiber connected networks
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, as well as work efficiently and effectively within required deadlines
- The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong sales level knowledge of complex services (Internet, private line WAN, Hosted Voice, Video Services, Managed Services, MDU Solutions) is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.