Customer Advisor - Onboarding
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with 25 million domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for answering inbound calls and chats and making outbound calls to our current and future customers. This includes booking appointments or answering general questions.
- Updating all customer information, and details into our systems
- Working with various teams in order to fulfill the order, from our Field Installation, Technical Support to our Enterprise sales teams.
- Utilizing a number of software tools that will allow you to work through the life-cycle of an order (Zendesk Sell, Zendesk Chat, Google Calendar, Slack) and ensure that our customers get the best experience possible.
- De-escalating upset customers, finding solutions that leave the customer in a happier place than when they call/email/chatted in
What you will bring:
- A passion for technology, the internet and providing phenomenal customer experience
- Previous sales experience, whether it be in the telecommunications space, retail or B2B with a consistent record of achieving critical metric and sales goals
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adjust your communications to mirror each situation
- Ability to lead a conversation, and to ask the right questions at the right time is crucial.
- Strong organizational skills and resourcefulness so that you are able to maximize your day and also ensure that you can follow up with customers after their installations are completed
- Outstanding multi-tasking capabilities, as you’ll be required to chat with customers, type your notes all while working with multiple tools and resources.
- Aren't afraid to ask questions when you don't know or don't understand and you have a knack for integrating those answers into a growing understanding of awareness of the technical environments your customers work in.
- This is a fast-paced role. We are looking for proactive and adaptable, solution focused individuals who accept the challenges that come with handling multiple customer onboarding every single day
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience in a support sales environment
- A flexible schedule - Customer Care is a 24x7 team, however typically Onboarding team works an 8.5-hour shift (which vary per month) anywhere from 8:00 am to 9 pm Sunday to Saturday
- Ability to communicate in Spanish (verbal and written)
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.