Product Manager, Ting Internet
Tucows is hiring a Product Manager who is passionate about the future of our fiber internet business, Ting Internet. We are looking for a great teammate with strong communication and analytical abilities to inspire colleagues to build the next generation of our products and services.
Ting is part of Tucows (NASDAQ: TCX) and we believe very strongly in the power of the Internet to drive positive change.
This is the part where you state your name and express a similar belief in the importance of access to the open Internet and of better Internet infrastructure in getting communities connected.
Tucows has been on the Internet since the days when it was unironically referred to as the Information Superhighway. We have a deep and storied online history. Everything we do is on and for the Internet.
In 2012, Ting shook up the mobile industry by offering fair pricing, delightful user interfaces and shockingly non-phone-company-like customer support. Fast forward to the present and Ting topping $43M in gross margin.
Continuing this upward trajectory, we have invested millions in fiber networks, partnering with towns across the US to change what Americans expect and view as important from their Internet service provider. Today we're offering gigabit fiber Internet in 10 US towns and cities. We're thinking at scale and driving for 10x in our talent and our work.
That's where you come in.
We’re looking for a world-class product manager who’ll work across teams to build products people care about. In this role, you will:
- Own the product roadmap and prioritization for a product, major feature, or service.
- Contribute to a collaborative culture and further push Ting toward modern product practices based on data and customer needs.
- Deliver high-quality products for internal and external users today while always looking to the future.
- Improve and expand your skills driven by an unbridled desire to learn about new technologies and processes.
- Partner across the company with design, engineering, content and communications, marketing, customer service, and field operations.
A bit about you:
- A communicator with a proven track record of impacting stakeholders through modern product thinking.
- Technical knowledge of web, mobile, native, and data-first product practices.
- Always seeking new knowledge and innovative approaches.
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment obsessed with user needs and business impact.
- Bring new perspective and creative problem solving.
- At home with both technical types and business partners.
- Build effective frameworks to aid discussion and comprehension of complex topics.
- Active listener who has a knack for knowing when to proactively share and offer context.
- Skilled at operating in a relatively flat, cross-functional organization, full of collaboration with many different fields.
- Understand the US Telecom space and bullish on what fiber can accomplish in rural America.
- You care deeply about delivering on our brand promise and are excited to immerse yourself in our culture: https://www.tucows.com/about-us/
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.