Manager, IT Service Desk
At Tucows we aspire to deliver an exceptional service experience to our customers and we’re looking for someone who has the drive, vision, and capabilities to implement the same standards within our own organization. In this role you will be responsible for elevating the customer experience that we deliver through the Service Desk Team using your unique blend of skills, creativity, and experience.
The Service Desk Manager leads and coordinates the activities of the Service Desk Team. As the Manager, you ensure that end users always receive high quality customer service and that the Team is focused on getting things done the right way.
We’re a bit unique at Tucows. Our shop is anything but traditional. The successful incumbent for this role is an agent for change and completely comfortable working in an environment where structure can be absent at times. It’s up to you to model the way and to help us implement organizational standards and best practices around the tools and hardware use every day in the office. The organization should see you as a partner who is there to support our unique business needs..
Don’t worry, the traditional stuff is there too! Each day you place focus on motivating the Service Desk Team to achieve our SLA goals. You’re constantly monitoring reports, KPIs, and key processes to drive operational improvements within the Service Desk Team. In addition, you are responsible for developing our end user self-service strategy ensuring that we have the right fit for purpose tools to execute on that vision.
- Lead a Team Service Desk Analysts focused on providing an exceptional customer experience with every interaction
- Develop SLAs to ensure end user requests are correctly prioritized and actioned
- Maintain currency on new technologies and platforms, and provide direction on what emerging technologies should be introduced, integrated and assimilated within Tucows
- Develop and implement a self-service strategy to enable our Service Desk Team and our employees to work more efficiently
- Manage and evolve the hardware procurement process to ensure were constantly outfitting out staff with the tools they need to be effective at work
- Develop, implement, and evolve key processes like the on-boarding/off-boarding of new staff members, endpoint security, and the end user hardware refresh cycle
- Management and maintenance of the office WiFi infrastructure
- Lead the Team through change as we evolve from an IT Helpdesk Team to a Service Desk Team
- Provisioning and Management of all SaaS applications including RingCentral, G Suite, and Atlassian Suite
- Provide recommendations and input for the fiscal IT budget
- University Degree or College Diploma in an Information Technology discipline
- 5-7 years experience managing Teams within an IT environment
- Proven track record in developing and leading a Team in meeting Service Level Objectives and Helpdesk deliverables
- Familiarity with Windows 10, Mac O/S, Active Directory, G Suite, Atlassian Suite, Virtual Machine, and Cisco Meraki
- General understanding of server environments and technologies
- General understanding of networking and telecom technologies