Director, Product Management
Tucows is hiring a Director of Product Management to lead teams passionate about the future of our fiber internet business, Ting Internet. A senior product leader with the inspiration and vision to raise the bar for our product organization.
Ting is part of Tucows (NASDAQ: TCX) and we believe very strongly in the power of the Internet to drive positive change.
This is the part where you state your name and express a similar belief in the importance of access to the open Internet and of better Internet infrastructure in getting communities connected.
Tucows has been on the Internet since the days when it was unironically referred to as the Information Superhighway. We have a deep and storied online history. Everything we do is on and for the Internet.
In 2012, Ting shook up the mobile industry by offering fair pricing, delightful user interfaces and shockingly non-phone-company-like customer support. Fast forward to the present and Ting topping $43M in gross margin.
Continuing this upward trajectory, we have invested millions in fiber networks, partnering with towns across the US to change what Americans expect and view as important from their Internet service provider. Today we're offering gigabit fiber Internet in 10 US towns and cities. We're thinking at scale and driving for 10x in our talent and our work.
That's where you come in.
We’re looking for a world-class product leader who’ll work across teams to build products people care about. In this role, you will:
- Encourage and challenge a high-performance team to always improve the Ting product ecosystem.
- Build and lead a team of world-class Product Managers to balance user and business needs.
- Own the product roadmap and prioritization.
- Foster a collaborative culture and further push Ting toward modern data management, data science, and analytic insights.
- Deliver high-quality products for internal and external users today while always looking to the future.
- Improve and expand a diverse team by attracting, developing and retaining versatile product leaders.
- Build and maintain our culture of collaboration across the company by furthering relationships with Design/UX, engineering, content and communications, marketing, customer service, and field operations.
A bit about you:
- A strategic leader with a proven track record of impacting executive stakeholders through modern product thinking.
- Strong technical knowledge of web, mobile, native, and machine learning-first product practices.
- Always seeking new knowledge and innovative approaches.
- Experience in building and leading scaled and/or hyper-growth product teams that strike the delicate balance between user needs and strategic business impact
- Bring new perspective and outstanding communication skills.
- Equally at home with technical types as you are with business partners.
- Build effective frameworks to aid discussion and comprehension of complex topics.
- Active listener who has a knack for knowing who needs to be in the loop and you proactively share and offer context accordingly.
- Skilled at operating in a relatively flat, cross-functional organization, full of collaboration with many different disciplines.
- Have strategic knowledge of the US Telecom space and you're bullish on what fiber can accomplish in rural America.
- You care deeply about delivering on our brand promise and are excited to immerse yourself in our culture: https://www.tucows.com/about-us/
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.