Software QA Analyst
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the role:
We are looking for a QA Analyst to join our Ting product development team. We’re searching for hardworking candidates looking to work with an extraordinary team of Developers, Front End Developers Designers & Product Managers. With a mix of manual and automated testing techniques you’ll use industry best practices and groundbreaking technologies to ensure quality.
What you’ll do:
- Upstream testing and analysis to prevent bugs from entering the product
- Creating, maintaining and executing test plans that test the product from end-to-end
- Being an advocate for the user before the product hits the market
- Executing test routines for integration, system, functional and UAT
- Effectively collaborating with team members, including Designers & Developers, to achieve the best results
- Maintaining QA automation scripts and add new scenarios
- Minimum of 3 years of full time work experience in QA with a focus on both manual and automated testing
- Experience with all phases of the testing lifecycle with a strong focus on requirement analysis, gap analysis, test case creation and execution
- Must exhibit strong understanding of testing processes, methodologies and standards
- Must have prior experience with BDD framework test automation such as Cucumber
- Motivated to get involved in requirements capturing and translate that into test plans
- Keen interest in working in smaller, closely knit teams of developers, designers and product managers
- Desire is to make QA a repeatable and scalable function, rather than having to constantly regression test
- Proactive – you love giving feedback and strive to build a simple, better product
- Experience with cross browser and mobile testing is an asset
Nice to Have:
- Recommended experience with CI servers, rspec, cucumber and Ruby on Rails, Linux, however this is not a requirement
- Programming experience with Ruby
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.