Software Engineer - Remote
Tucows provides domain names, Internet services such as email hosting, and other valuable services to customers around the world. We also provide mobile phone services all across the U.S., and crazy fast fiber Internet access in select U.S. towns and cities.
We've given some serious thought to who we are as a company, what our goals are, and how we're going to achieve them. We have made a dedication to the principles that guide our everyday decisions.
We work as a team to exceed our customers' expectations. We protect the Tucows brand by delivering the highest quality standards in every aspect of our business. Even though we’re a pretty large company, we strive to limit bureaucracy and get good ideas off the ground quickly.
We believe anyone, at any level in the organization, can bring forward ideas, initiatives and creative input.
Our platforms provide 24x7 availability and a high degree of scalability and enable millions and millions of email messages, API calls, and transactions, every day. We work in real-time, so it requires a steady hand and a cool head.
We are inviting experienced, senior software engineers to join our team, which builds and maintains a host of services that are used across all of Tucows’ major business units. We are evolving our platforms to microservices to enable functions within Tucows across all of our platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with internal Engineering Team Leads to define shared services’ features, including technical and performance requirements.
- Provide level of effort estimates for delivering features and meet those commitments.
- Build and launch scalable, reliable, and resilient microservices.
- Employ Agile software development tools and standard methodologies.
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
Who You Are:
- Have software engineering experience and a consistent record of writing elegant, maintainable, self-documenting code in languages like Python, Java, and Go.
- You have experience with web frameworks such as Flask, Django, and FastAPI.
- Have experience with open source databases such as Postgres and MariaDB.
- You are familiar with microservice architecture frameworks and design patterns.
- You know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge with people you work with.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
Who You Might Be:
- Someone with wholesale or retail domain names experience.
- A person who’s worked for an ISP.
- Someone that’s familiar with telcos, especially MVNOs.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. If you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.
Tucows is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process, please advise us, so we can provide suitable accommodation.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.