Ting shook up the mobile industry in 2012, offering fair pricing, usable interfaces and shockingly non-phone-company-like customer support. By 2016, we had over 200,000 subscribers, 400 dedicated employees in multiple locations and over $50 million in annual revenue. We were also the highest rated US cellphone service by Consumer Reports.
Now we are investing millions in fiber networks and partnering with small towns to change what Americans expect from their Internet service and their Internet service provider we have already launched Gigabit speed Internet service in Charlottesville, Virginia, Westminster, Maryland and Holly Springs, North Carolina. People there are loving the speed and the customer support and they are telling their friends.
The Sales Engineer with work with the Ting Enterprise Business sales team. Individuals in this position are responsible for supporting a team of Account Managers in the development of network solutions for prospective clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the sales team through pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities
- Interfaces with customers to determine short and long-term technical requirements
- Designs wireless and data network solutions for customer applications, including preparation of network topologies and technical specifications
- Evaluates and designs complex wireless solutions for Multi-Dwelling Unit (MDU) complexes including but not limited to apartments, senior living, hotels/motels as well as campus and stadium environments
- Prepares and presents technical proposals on Ting Enterprise products and services, as well as how products can be integrated and implemented within customer's network
- Responsible for all technical content of the proposal process, including RFI, RFQ and RFP responses and technical designs
- Conducts customer site surveys as required to insure successful installation of services
- Provides technical sales support to insure successful customer integration and implementation of company solutions
- Handles complex questions encountered during installation and turn-up concerning solution design and equipment operation
- Evaluates technical partners for expanded product offerings and makes recommendations that will resolve customer requirements, work seamlessly with Ting Support, NOC, and outside plant (OSP) in a cost competitive solutions environment
- Works closely with Support, NOC and OSP on support processes and documentation
- Works closely with Ting Product team on development of advanced product offerings
- Develops and implements technical training for sales teams and additional staff
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time through the U.S. and head office in Toronto, Canada as necessary
- At least three of Sales Engineering and networking experience in the telecom or service provider industry
- An ability to work closely with sales executives with a proven knowledge of the sales cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong sales skills in presentation and proposal design
- Strong knowledge of general industry networking technologies such as TCP/IP, IP VPN, MPLS, VPLS, Ethernet, VoIP, SONET, DWDM
- Familiar with various networking fundamentals related to routers, switches, LAN, MAN, WAN, DS3, OC-x, CSU/DSU and other CPE
- Consultative approach to providing customer solutions and design with strong knowledge of converged multimedia applications
- Extensive voice networking experience with emphasis on VoIP, signaling protocols and PBX
- Extensive experience with routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF, RIP as well as knowledge of emerging technologies
- Ability to multi task and meet multiple deadlines
- Proficient in MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Experience working in a remote office or with a remote workforce
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or equivalent training, education and experience
- Telecommunications industry experience preferred
- CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP certification preferred
Note: This position can be located in the U.S. or Toronto, Canada.
Ting is part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), a $200 million public company founded in 1994. We have an outstanding supporting cast to service these opportunities and deliver on promises – network builders and operators, product management, marketing and award winning customer support.