Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second largest domain wholesaler in the world with 25 million domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
What We Believe
- The Internet is the greatest agent for positive change the world has ever seen.
- People find the Internet complex and confusing so we work to make things simple and reliable.
- Innovation and creativity are found in every employee, customer and partner we have.
- We know “we, beats me” any day.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for 2 highly motivated, Talent Partners to join the People Team.
The Talent Partner will be conducting full-cycle recruitment from job descriptions, job posting, screening, sourcing, interviewing and drafting offer letters. We’ve seen substantial growth within Tucows, and as a result, we are on the lookout for Talent Partners who have different and inventive ways to attract the best candidates on the market to join our team.
Even though we’re a pretty large company, we strive to limit bureaucracy and get good ideas off the ground quickly. We believe anyone, at any level in the organization, can bring forward ideas, initiatives and creative input.
Also, there are no casual Fridays at Tucows. It is casual every day at Tucows. We embrace a casual and comfortable work environment, with an awesome work from home policy to boot.
What’s in it for you:
As part of our talent partner team, you're charged with finding the most interesting candidates who bring an entrepreneurial spirit, a sense of scrappiness and a diversity of thought to all they do. You're responsible for guiding candidates through our hiring process and connecting them to the magic of working at Tucows. Your creativity and interpersonal skills allow you to develop lasting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers. You're also comfortable with numbers and drawing insights from analytics to make our hiring process smarter and more efficient.
We know it’s a competitive environment for hiring talent, that’s why we offer more than just a collection of benefits (although, we do offer an impressive collection, if we may say so ourselves!).
We offer an annual learning fund, the opportunity to attend various conferences all over North America and the ability to grow in the organization. Internal promotions happen routinely and you will find collective support in helping you achieve your career goals.
Tucows is an amazing place to work; we are a diverse, fast pace out of the box thinking company. Just look at all the lines of business we have!
What you’ll be doing…..
From generating pipeline to maintaining a successful offer acceptance rate, you manage the entire candidate process. By leveraging your knowledge of our clients' hiring needs and search requirements, you effectively match candidates with the roles in which they will be most successful.
As the company Talent Partner, the following will be a part of your day:
- Responsible for sourcing and recruiting great talent
- Develop and maintain a talent pipeline
- Full cycle recruiting, posting, pre-screening, interviewing, and offers.
- Co-coordinating management interview schedules
- Understand both technical and non- technical positions
- Refine job descriptions, as required
- Run Job fairs on and off site
- Prioritize many recruits at the same time
- Produce reports on recruiting activity
- Following company established processes
The skills we’re looking for…
- Social media savvy 4 to 6 years of recruitment experience in a technology, Fiber Technology and customer service marketplace
- Demonstrated ability to capitalize on social media networking for recruiting (LinkedIn, Facebook, blogging etc.) knows current trends with an eye on the future ones.
- Experienced in working in global markets, understands both Canadian and U.S. and European recruiting requirements.
- Work closely with the businesses throughout the search process providing consistent communication and incredible client service.
- Develop a deep understanding of the candidate’s leadership style, personal background, professional history, and specific fit to the role.
- Have organized and run Career fairs both on and off site
- Good understanding with Recruitment Management Systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Can work to tight deadlines
- College or University degree/ diploma in Human Resources or a related discipline.
Nice to have:
- Enjoy working as part of a dynamic team in an ever-changing environment
- Self starter
- Strong track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact as a manager and a leader.
- Strong domain knowledge and expertise in executive search or executive talent acquisition.
- Proven ability to develop teams and maximize individual and team performance while maintaining a fun working environment.
- Demonstrated personal accountability and integrity.
- Strong passion for advancing the human capital agenda of the organization.
- Deep interest in technology.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.