Systems Engineer, Domains - Remote
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the Opportunity:
Tucows' Domains Operations is inviting experienced System Engineers to join our team.
As an experienced Systems Engineer you will be responsible for day to day operations including migrating production systems into new architectures, taking advantage of the latest DevOps methodologies and tools. You'll be part of a growing team and work in a dynamic environment where you challenge and propose creative and effective solutions to tackle operational engineering problems while maintaining operational excellence of our platforms.
Your Key Skills and Experience you bring in:
- Have a proven track record as an intermediate or senior systems engineer with more than +5 years of experience in this field
- Very strong Linux and Unix fundamentals, server automation, scripting, networking and security
- Understand configuration management from the ground up; you have built long lasting reproducible environment infrastructure that withstand time using IaC & Configuration Management tools like Saltstack & Ansible
- Have substantive experience managing containerized systems such as Docker and management systems like Nomad or Kubernetes
- Experience managing and working in Cloud environments; AWS, Azure, GCP and preferably Openstack
- You use metrics and logging as a whole to solve the more complex problems by measuring and analyzing the results
- You have experience managing load balancers (HAProxy, Traefik), cloud native edge routers, and API gateways
- Experience with the HashiCorp stack (Consul / Vault / Nomad / Terraform).
What You’ll Do:
- Be an integral part of an enthusiastic growing team of Operational Engineers
- Continuously unblock different teams in the company providing Ops services
- Write code to automate routine Operations’ tasks
- Build, automate & deploy operational infrastructure onto our Cloud environments
- Mentor and assist team members to keep up with current technologies
- Learn and grow your skills even further and extend them among teams
- Be part of the OnCall rotation to minimize and resolve operational issues
- Enjoy & have fun!
Who You Are:
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and mentoring people you work with
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.