Product Manager, Ting Internet
A bit more about us:
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
To help us achieve this, Ting is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help us scale our Internet service and the tools that enable us to provide customers with the best experience possible. If you enjoy solving complex problems with beautifully simple solutions, developing and implementing tools to automate workflows and working with a diverse team of like-minded people, we want to hear from you. If you love the Internet, have a passion for creating elegant products dedicated to helping customers, and are interested in shaping a next generation ISP you’ll want to hear from us.
- Product development, including gathering input from customers, identifying new product opportunities, devising product features and providing input into the product backlog
- Coordinating product & feature launches with other product managers and teams including helping to train and prepare our sales, support and field operations teams where required
- Working with engineers, marketing, UX teams during implementation to help ensure we ship well-crafted products at a timely pace.
- Work with internal and external vendors to define product requirements
- Minimum 3 years of product management experience in developing and launching technology products
- Experience in an agile environment and managing day to day technical direction
- Experience working with complex API products
- Deep intuition and passion for product excellence
- Strong data, metrics and analysis skills
- Strong customer focus and empathy
- Self-starter on defining objectives and achieving them
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience building software that supports services a big plus
- Knowledge of fiber networks, GPON and Wi-Fi a plus
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, including the ability to converse at a technical level
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.