Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the opportunity
Tucows is looking to add a new member to our Analytics, Insights and Reporting team. Together, we’re responsible for all of the reporting, analytics, data flows, visualization, and related business intelligence operations within our quickly growing company.
We’ve got a lot of data, and we’re looking for someone to help us get the most out of it. To do that, you’ll need to be comfortable working end to end in the data pipeline; from extracting data from source systems into our data lake, to building visualizations and dashboards in Looker and everything in between.
You will work with business, product, and engineering stakeholders to understand their needs and priorities, as well as to collaborate and ensure that their reporting requirements are captured in the development process. You’ll then build and work with data pipelines (or work with Data Engineers), acquiring data from source systems and moving it through our data hierarchy, from messy and raw to clean and aggregated. Lastly, you’ll explore the data with visualization tools and statistical techniques to help make our products better and to improve the experience of our customers.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Top-notch communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent math and statistical analysis skills, especially as they pertain to business and experimentation
- An interest and proficiency in the presentation and visualization of numbers and statistical data
- Ability to understand business imperatives and drivers, find relevant data correlations, and create processes by which the data correlations are translated to information flows that help drive the business
- 1-2 years of quantitative analysis work experience
- 2+ years experience handling, manipulating and analyzing data and creating analytical reports
- Strong expertise with an SQL language, as well with as database structures and data lake architectures
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Pentaho Data Integration
- Experience with Looker
- Proficiency with Python
- An understanding of the principles, tools, and processes of data science
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with Kafka
- Post-secondary education in a technical field, or B.S./M.S.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and the diverse points of view drives us forward every day.